Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 pints of beer a week?

On average to you drink more or less than seven pints a week?

• Above

Votes: 115 56.4%
  • Below

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It would be interesting to see if everyone stopped drinking for 5 years whether others cancers and the like happened anyway or became more prevalent

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The new advice relates to risk of cancer. Previous advice was about obesity and diabetes, liver damage etc.

It's advice so that you can make an informed decision whether to drink or not.

Yes. I never understand why people get their knickers in a twist about things like this. What else are doctor's going to do but advise people on how to live healthily? I've drank far more than is healthy for the last 25 years but I'm not going to get all 'bl**dy nanny state' about things.

Had shingles last year which has meant I've drunk a lot less in the past year. Still find it easy to slip into bad habits when I'm feeling ok though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why don't the Government give us driving recommendations for example. Why pick on alcohol ?

Tell us that if we drive more than say 10K miles a year, we increase our risk of death etc.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wonder if MPs will reduce the amount they quaff in their subsidised bars?

Or if Hameron will be drinking less than his usual "three or four large glasses of wine" with his Sunday lunch?

Unlikely. "Guidelines" like laws and taxes, are for the proles.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Every blood test I've had has come back with a high reading for something to do with my liver, and although I don't drink much these days it always prompts a question from the nurse/doctor about my intake.

Maybe all those years of student drinking finally caught up. :drink::whisky::sick::(

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I like the drinking environment more in England than in the US. Definitely well under 7 pints of beer in the US and over that whenever I'm in Brighton

Yes but we don't do the same level of drugs ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here