Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50% of Brighton fans are gay

D

Deleted member 22389

The women is actually making the situation worse. If the opposition want to call us Gay, Faggots and every name under the sun let them, we just fire back with our own insults.

This is exactly how you deal with them lol
WERE ONE NIL UP - YouTube

Quite simple really. But what a silly statement to make on the radio, that half of the crowd is probably Gay.

Last edited by a moderator:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It will almost certainly be similar to the national ratio for gay and straight numbers in society. There is no evidence that I have seen at the Goldstone, Withdean, Amex nor away from home that supports her assertion that we have any more or less gay supporters than any other club I have been to.

A generalisation maybe, but I am not sure football sits comfortably as a recreational choice in the gay community, playing or supporting.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
LizCosta2[1].jpg She's enough to turn the most straightest of men gay.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1) most brighton fans are born in brighton or sussex
2) the reason for brightons high gay population is that a lot of gay people MOVE to brighton......being born in brighton makes you no more or less likely to be gay than anywhere else in the country
3) we may pick up SOME gay fans who have moved to brighton, but nowhere NEAR 50%.....probably not even 5%

This. The people born and bred in Brighton and Hove statistically have exactly the same likelihood of being gay as in any town or city in the UK. The reason Brighton & Hove has far more gay people living here is that people come from all over the UK to live here for its tolerance and openess. So the cretins from some Northern team at the Amex spouting all the homophobia are infact directing that at people who were most probably born in their town but come to Brighton & Hove to escape these types of moronic knucledraggers who still live in the dark ages. It is sad that for most teams we play it is not about the football anymore it is all about the anal sex.

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
listening to radio Sussex today as they were reporting that a new MP report has highlighted homophobia is now the most prevalent form of discrimination in football.

Liz Costa was interviewed regarding her campaign to stop this problem and came out with this statement.

"we know that half our crowd is quite probably on the basis of being Brighton probably is gay"

50%!!!!!!...........really? thats quite a sweeping statement.

BBC Sussex - Sarah Gorrell, 19/09/2012 piece starts 1 hr 39 mins

She very stupidly said "half" without thinking about it, IMO. Could just as easily have said 5%, 10% or even "some" but the daft old bint said the first word that popped into her mushy brain.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Read an article somewhere that 1 in 5 are gay or homosexual leanings,that means everywhere....so that every match you go to, look around....every fifth one ......

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Surely she was just using hyperbole to make a point? That's fine by me, I'm proud that Brighton is known as the gay capital of the country.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Statistically I think it is about 10%. It always was the case. In a football team there is likely to be one gay person but who cares ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Liz Costa, oh dear. When will she cease to be the voice of the fans?

Now is the time i would suggest.

I have never been offended with the Gay chants, although i am not gay but if i were i would be proud that was my choosing path in life and go with the banter.
50% of fans gay, the women is deluded........hang on a minute, two of my mates that go have just gone on a barge trip together..........could they be?

The only Costa i am in favour of is the coffee.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I have never been offended with the Gay chants, although i am not gay but if i were i would be proud that was my choosing path in life and go with the banter.
50% of fans gay, the women is deluded........hang on a minute, two of my mates that go have just gone on a barge trip together..........could they be?

It isn't " banter " though is it ?

D

Deleted member 22389

lol

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
Liz Costa reminds me of Withdean. She's served her purpose but is now past it and its time for a change. Is this really the sort of embarrassing person we want as the public face of our club?

D

Deleted member 22389

Liz Costa reminds me of Withdean. She's served her purpose but is now past it and its time for a change. Is this really the sort of embarrassing person we want as the public face of our club?

Your exactly right. She should could keep her mouth shut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here