I honestly cannot understand now in hindsight how this wasn't abandoned, watching in the stadium, I said if there's 3 more red cards this game is abandoned, didn't realise it would be literally seconds away from it. Two Whitehawk players should have probably been additionally sent off, absolute bedlam, heads were going all over the place except the dugout.
- The standard of long range shooting was absolutely awful. Really, really awful;
- All of the cards seemed spot on;
- Not sure how the Whitehawk striker didn't get sent off;
- How on earth Whitehawk didn't get a pen is beyond me;
- The no. 15 for the final red having the temerity to plead his innocence was just hilarious;
- I am glad I support a Premier League team.
Oh yes, generally our finishing from range is poor, verging on comical, but usually it's not preceded by a gentle amble under no pressure before lashing over the bar from 25 yards. At least when Lallana does it, he does it under pressure (normally).
That said, for once if I have been to a game, I'd have seen us score 3x goals from outside the box in our last 3 games (Maupay, Trossard, Mac Allister). Weird.