Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Some need to have a reality check.

The club like all the others have a very limited amount of events to make money 24 or so a year! Just 24 events to make enough money to keep a state of the art ground in good order, pay staff, invest in the staff etc etc etc.

That is not accurate.

The Amex is available to hold 'events' 364 days a year. I'm not sure how many they do, but a lot of money is generated outside a match day.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I find it interesting that even a club like QPR, who have been widely criticised in recent times for their ticket prices and have probably even been slated by posters on this very thread at some point, offer their platinum seats for every game at just £2 more than our cheapest. Every one of their gold, silver and bronze seats is available every week for a sum that would get you NOTHING at The Amex for a Cat A or B match.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/information/prices-opening/

But also charge £28 for away fans for a view of 70% of the pitch.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm not complaining with the Albion's pricing and I accept it's supply and demand. I literally can't justify the outlay anymore with my household bills stretched as it is. I just have accept that my days of going to the Albion will be limited, but I suspect that one less regular fan is hardly going to break the club. As I said on an earlier post I'm quite enjoying getting my weekend football fix watching my local county side although I will always monitor the Albion score via my radio.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]370163725400936448[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet Paul Barber denies they hold back the cheaper tickets ? Hmmmmm !
I genuinely don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist over this.

Assuming £26 seats don't become £43 seats, if the most expensive ones ever sell out.
Assuming the £26 do always become available.

Why does it matter when?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I genuinely don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist over this.

Assuming £26 seats don't become £43 seats, if the most expensive ones ever sell out.
Assuming the £26 do always become available.

Why does it matter when?

Then why not make available all the free tickets and the same time ? Today is Wednesday, people will already have made plans for the weekend yet, if a week ago, £26 tickets were available maybe they would have picked the football ? I know Barber denies it happens but I find it rather strange that a few days before every match I get offered via email the cheaper tickets. To use an analogy already in this thread, when I book a theatre ticket I have a choice of all price bands from the first day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then why not make available all the free tickets and the same time ? Today is Wednesday, people will already have made plans for the weekend yet, if a week ago, £26 tickets were available maybe they would have picked the football ? I know Barber denies it happens but I find it rather strange that a few days before every match I get offered via email the cheaper tickets. To use an analogy already in this thread, when I book a theatre ticket I have a choice of all price bands from the first day.
But if this ALWAYS happens, which there seems to be some disagreement about, you just wait to buy your ticket.

You know it isn't going to sell out.
You know the £26 tickets won't mysteriously become £43.
The Wednesday before a home match is the day you buy your ticket.

I fail to see the problem of the club trying to maximise it's ticket sales.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But if this ALWAYS happens, which there seems to be some disagreement about, you just wait to buy your ticket.

You know it isn't going to sell out.
You know the £26 tickets won't mysteriously become £43.
The Wednesday before a home match is the day you buy your ticket.

I fail to see the problem of the club trying to maximise it's ticket sales.

Fair enough BUT last Saturday I made arrangements for this coming Saturday. I could have gone to the football - the day after payday - but I refuse to pay for the top whack tickets. There was no guarantee there would be cheaper tickets come today. I'm not overly fussed, I have something else to do now but surely, to maximise attendance and possibly revenue you'd think the club might think a little further ahead ? The harder financially they make it to form a habit the more people like me they will lose. That's probably fine at the moment but when the form begins to dip they may well need the casual attendee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough BUT last Saturday I made arrangements for this coming Saturday. I could have gone to the football - the day after payday - but I refuse to pay for the top whack tickets. There was no guarantee there would be cheaper tickets come today. I'm not overly fussed, I have something else to do now but surely, to maximise attendance and possibly revenue you'd think the club might think a little further ahead ? The harder financially they make it to form a habit the more people like me they will lose. That's probably fine at the moment but when the form begins to dip they may well need the casual attendee.
That just doesn't make sense.

If you really wanted to go to the game this week, you knew you could go on a £26 ticket.

In time, up a division, against a top 6 side, all seats will be £50 at which point fill your boots with complaints.
But Burnley at home in August, is a long way away from that possibility.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That just doesn't make sense.

If you really wanted to go to the game this week, you knew you could go on a £26 ticket.

In time, up a division, against a top 6 side, all seats will be £50 at which point fill your boots with complaints.
But Burnley at home in August, is a long way away from that possibility.

Yes, but if you ignore the fact that a number of £26 tickets have been available in the North, North corners and South West corner since tickets went on general sale, it then gives an opportunity to moan about Barber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, but if you ignore the fact that a number of £26 tickets have been available in the North, North corners and South West corner since tickets went on general sale, it then gives an opportunity to moan about Barber.
Piffling details, you have to ignore those facts for any of this thread to work.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Piffling details, you have to ignore those facts for any of this thread to work.

Sounds like you are well miffed by any complaints about pricing. Three out of the four guys I used to go to the Goldstone with don't go anymore because of the cost, they were all regulars on the east terrace and went to some of the games at Withdean but I because of age etc they have limited budgets. You don't seem to accept that some people find it too costly, those people are entitled to have a moan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like you are well miffed by any complaints about pricing. Three out of the four guys I used to go to the Goldstone with don't go anymore because of the cost, they were all regulars on the east terrace and went to some of the games at Withdean but I because of age etc they have limited budgets. You don't seem to accept that some people find it too costly, those people are entitled to have a moan.
The moan is correct, football is expensive, but the debate has be to had about the cheapest tickets available not the most expensive.

At which point I find it hard to see what there is to moan about a £26 seat for Championship football inc travel.

As for your mates who haven't been since the Goldstone LISTEN TO YOURSELF.

Are you actually saying they are desperate to go to the Albion but refuse to spend more than the fiver it used to cost?
Has nothing else gone up in 20 years?

That is the most idiotic argument to appear on this thread.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You are missing his point - Many passionate Albion fans simply cannot or will not pay the increased prices, regardless of your opinions.

Besides, there are no £26 tickets, the cheapest for category A games seem to be £32 + booking fee.

Plenty of £26 tickets available for this Saturday, and they've been available all along.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are missing his point - Many passionate Albion fans simply cannot or will not pay the increased prices, regardless of your opinions.

Besides, there are no £26 tickets, the cheapest for category A games seem to be £32 + booking fee.
Come promotion I wouldn't be surprised if I was priced out of my S/T, so no I'm not missing the point.

There's a difference between cannot and will not pay the increased prices.
If you cannot then so be it.

If I were to hand back our S/T's irrespective as to how much the prices go up by, I can be fairly certain the club will resell our seats within the day. It would be a shame but I couldn't be annoyed at the debt ridden club for maximising their money.

If people will not pay the increases then I'd question how passionate they are, when the cheapest price for a game at the Amex is £26 inc travel, and usually a minimum of 2 weeks notice.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, it's category C, and I'll be there. Expect a decent crowd because of the reasonable pricing.

Let's hope so. Maybe we'll get a few more Cat C games if that happens.

My response was more to the people moaning that £26 tickets have only just been released, which isn't the case; they've been on sale all along.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This £26 (plus booking fee) ticket price you keep mentioning is only available for category C games - Which, out of all the league games on sale at the moment, only applies to Burnley.

If I was to go to Millwall I would be looking at £33 absolute minimum - which is a lot for even a premium seat, but for a "budget" seat that's absolutely shocking. I'm a passionate Albion fan - but not an idiot nor made out of money.

The ticket is £25 + £1 web sales fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here