Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have seen a number of people refer to WSL as a standard ticket/seat, pretty sure WSL should not be considered standard.

Agreed , a standard matchday ticket is North/South Stand and not the most expensive priced ticket available. Spouting off about £43 tickets when you can buy one for a tenner less is just blatant attention seeking.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed , a standard matchday ticket is North/South Stand and not the most expensive priced ticket available. Spouting off about £43 tickets when you can buy one for a tenner less is just blatant attention seeking.

Again, the opening post was drawing attention to a ticket price (covering a number of seats in our ground) that have broken the £40 barrier. It's a discussion, not attention seeking.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Sorry this is a really basic question and didnt see the point in creating a new thread about it, but the website doesnt really give a clear answer.
I am booking tickets for the millwall game as we speak.
I usually go by myself (as none of my mates are supporters) but i want to take the missus to her first ever football match. When booking tickets online do i have to register as "friend/family member" or can i buy two tickets under my name/customer number?
She doesnt know that she going to a football match as it will be a surprise on the day (i think she would make an excuse not to go in all honestly) so i dont want to have to register her using her email, address etc etc.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I don't see footballers as playing a role worthy of earning thousands upon thousands a week.

The Market does. Its judgements are true and righteous altogether.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Again, the opening post was drawing attention to a ticket price (covering a number of seats in our ground) that have broken the £40 barrier. It's a discussion, not attention seeking.

You'll always get folks moaning over the price of a tube of Pringles Xtra Spicy Chilli Sauce when nearly everyone else is content with a tube of Pringles Original which costs less and both are available on the shelf.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sorry this is a really basic question and didnt see the point in creating a new thread about it, but the website doesnt really give a clear answer.
I am booking tickets for the millwall game as we speak.
I usually go by myself (as none of my mates are supporters) but i want to take the missus to her first ever football match. When booking tickets online do i have to register as "friend/family member" or can i buy two tickets under my name/customer number?
She doesnt know that she going to a football match as it will be a surprise on the day (i think she would make an excuse not to go in all honestly) so i dont want to have to register her using her email, address etc etc.

Yesterday I managed to buy two Nottingham Forest tickets in my own name without using the registration of my daughter who I am attending with. Further a recent e'mail from the club encouraged that regsitered members can bring along friends and family for the game versus Burnley on Saturday so I guess you may well be in luck.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh should also say a farmer who works in excess of 60 hours a week equating to less than £3 per hour!!

but to use your argument, that is your choice

We all know football is changing from the game we all grew up with and there will be winners, ie corporate people, affluent people, people who mummy and daddy will pay their ticket for them, and yes you are right, people who have made choices to be able to afford football and there will be losers, who due to economic hardship, loss of job, etc who miss out.

I am not sure that demonising the losers because they can't afford to go anymore is a particularily nice thing to do....maybe I am being nieive, but I actually thought Brighton fans were more than that after all the trials and tribulations we have been through TOGETHER. Looks like I was wrong

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yesterday I managed to buy two Nottingham Forest tickets in my own name without using the registration of my daughter who I am attending with. Further a recent e'mail from the club encouraged that regsitered members can bring along friends and family for the game versus Burnley on Saturday so I guess you may well be in luck.

I think this may be different for Millwall, as I would have thought Millwall would sell their full allocation.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why do you think the club prices some tickets more expensively than others?

You should think about that, while you consider that £33 is still a hell of a lot for a football game, even for premium seats.

You should think about what it costs to run a modern day, progressive football club, operating in a brand new, state of the art stadium, hindered by constraints that no other club has to put up with.

£33+ is the going rate for most clubs at our level-especially ones with ambitions of reaching the Premier League and they don't include travel in the price of their tickets.

If you don't want to pay the going rate-don't. It's quite simple. If you want to support The Albion-pay the going rate. Again, it's quite simple.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Every time I come across someone with money showing no sympathy for those who can't afford the things they can, I always find myself hoping they fall on hard times in the future.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Every time I come across someone with money showing no sympathy for those who can't afford the things they can, I always find myself hoping they fall on hard times in the future.

this with bells on

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You should think about what it costs to run a modern day, progressive football club, operating in a brand new, state of the art stadium, hindered by constraints that no other club has to put up with.

£33+ is the going rate for most clubs at our level-especially ones with ambitions of reaching the Premier League and they don't include travel in the price of their tickets.

If you don't want to pay the going rate-don't. It's quite simple. If you want to support The Albion-pay the going rate. Again, it's quite simple.

Agreed - if you don't like the price don't pay it. I won't. What happens though when a few thousand season ticket holders no longer like the price or the style of football along with a few thousand casuals like myself ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why do you think the club prices some tickets more expensively than others?

You should think about that, while you consider that £33 is still a hell of a lot for a football game, even for premium seats.

Personally I would prefer to be in a part of the ground that has some vibrancy whilst others pay a bit extra so they can finish off the crossword in peace. £33 IS expensive for a football game but in all reality a Category A at the Theatre Of Flair in the Premier League will set you back at least £50 for a matchday ticket and being signed up to cheapest priority scheme at £60 a season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not happy with the way football prices are spiraling upwards but we're stuck with the current business model for the foreseeable future and it isn't going to change.

As it stands right now, I'll pay the price because to see the Albion in the PL before I pop my clogs I know the club has to fund promotion somehow. I never want to see us going through similar struggles many of us experienced from the mid 90s to 3 years ago. A cavalier attitude towards contracts given in the late 70s, early 80s led to us being in deep shite for more than 20 years. I'm glad The Albion big wigs are doing all they can to make sure we never have to go through that ever again by being prudent and maximizing revenues. That means we have to pay the going rate to watch football.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
My season ticket in the North is £37.91 a month by DD I think.

I literally could not afford to do it any other way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably already been said, but this is the one category A game currently planned, and it seems we have the only category C game vs Burnley to 'compensate'.

Category As and Cs look rare, but I imagine there will be more Cat As at the end of the season if things are in the balance.

Is there a fixed number for each category, or is it the reality that Category B is pretty much the norm ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably already been said, but this is the one category A game currently planned, and it seems we have the only category C game vs Burnley to 'compensate'.

Category As and Cs look rare, but I imagine there will be more Cat As at the end of the season if things are in the balance.

Is there a fixed number for each category, or is it the reality that Category B is pretty much the norm ?

My hope is that the Cat C prices will get a bigger gate for this game and overall create more revenue, even though the single match tickets are a few quid cheaper. We might see a few more this season then, especially for teams that aren't likely to bring more than 1000 away fans.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
On a side note there are always HUNDREDS of spare tickets knocking around for £20. I must know of at least 3 going spare round my area per game and often they remain unsold. If I was not a STH I'd look at Twitter / Nsc or friends first...

Spot on.
My old man can't make it Saturday, and i'm now going with a mate who's paid me £15 for the ticket. If he couldn't of made it (most others who would go are STH's), i'd have put it on facebook/twitter for £20.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
If you can get decent theatre tickets in the west end (via official ticket offices) for £43 or less than you're a better man than I am

I'm a regular visitor to West end theatres and rarely pay over £25 per ticket. We got upgraded to the top seats for a matinee of Petticoats and Dreamboats for £22 each.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here