£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I think your argument is a fair one, but the other point I would bring to the table is that if you are paying £43 or more for a concert or trip to the theatre you are pretty much guaranteed to be watching the best in the business. That sort of money buys you a seat in the West End, or at Wembley/The O2 for the biggest acts. Here, we are talking about second division football, with largely unknown players to all but true fans. I have no problem with Man United or Chelsea charging £50 to get in because there you can see RVP and Juan Mata, but we're watching Keith Andrews and Andrew Crofts and not paying an awful lot less.

Secondly, I quite agree that it is only right to try and cash in on a market if it is there, but the attendance figure from the Derby match and the online seat plans for Burnley and Millwall suggest it is not. As others have said in this thread, it is reasonably to assume that little more than 1,000 tickets are selling to one-off buyers for these matches.

If you can get decent theatre tickets in the west end (via official ticket offices) for £43 or less than you're a better man than I am

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some need to have a reality check.

The club like all the others have a very limited amount of events to make money 24 or so a year! Just 24 events to make enough money to keep a state of the art ground in good order, pay staff, invest in the staff etc etc etc.

As has been muted the theatre productions are dearer and they have every day of the year to generate the revenue needed. Added to which apart from a few stars most productions include performers no one has ever likely to of heard of and unlikely to ever see again!

Going to watch a home game is likely to be going to watch one of the highest attended events within the uk at that given time (in the top 15) in any field be it football, rugby, cricket or the arts. Being expected to pay a good price for this is fully justified. Some counter this by saying its for 24/5 times a year, well you should think yourselves lucky that your able to do this on your doorstep. As I've posted the club actually have a very very limited time to maximise their income. At this moment they can demand a high price because of the simple economic truth of supply and demand, this may change, however its business and whether you like it or not you are a customer first of the business, a supporter of the club second. Each if successful go hand in hand. If you can't afford it and you've been a supporter for blah years, sorry tough, there's those that can.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you can't afford it and you've been a supporter for blah years, sorry tough, there's those that can.

Well step forward the farmer with the milk of human kindness running through his veins.

Very charitable of you. Nice one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you can get decent theatre tickets in the west end (via official ticket offices) for £43 or less than you're a better man than I am

At least two previous posts have shown that you can get theatre tickets for that price.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
ST are good value. Not great value, but good value.

match day prices are high, stupidly high.

I would price them at ST prices plus 15 percent.

So a ticket in WSU, where a ST is £540.00, meaning a game costs approx £23.50 for a STH would be priced at £27.00 on a match by match basis.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well step forward the farmer with the milk of human kindness running through his veins.

Harsh I know but the point I'm making is it's a business not a charity. Access to all and all that crap is fine but there's a reality. All of us want our club to be successful and be a "joy" to watch, in the current situation that means you and I have to pay for it, simple.

I would like to know of those complaining how many have a holiday, go out for dinner regularly, have takeaways and so on. Years ago My wife wanted horses, I was a fully pledged ST and also went to away games. At that juncture we decided that was our wishes, holidays were only ever a consideration if, and a huge if, they were affordable, they never were. We have not been away for 12 years, anywhere, WHY? Because we couldn't afford it. But we still have horses and I still my ST. Choices.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Oh should also say a farmer who works in excess of 60 hours a week equating to less than £3 per hour!!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.

nah, sorry mate, drive around in an x reg van, typing on a shitty old laptop, struggle to pay fuel for getting to work but still have to make a lot of sacrifices to watch the albion,
join the real world, you sad prick!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
nah, sorry mate, drive around in an x reg van, typing on a shitty old laptop, struggle to pay fuel for getting to work but still have to make a lot of sacrifices to watch the albion,
join the real world, you sad prick!

I live day to day at the moment but just about manage my DD each month just to allow my sanity to keep in check. I have driven my car to the Amex before on memories of petrol but it's my outlet.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
As are you. Perhaps you could provide us with the financial losses.

£8m in the accounts and Barber strongly hinting that 12/13 would be at a pretty similar level at the forum.

It is looking a bit ridiculous. If we're not in the top 6 there are going to be a fair few empty seats this season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Care to quote where this happened? I don't recall doing it myself and I'm not aware of others doing it. perhaps I missed the posts.
Maybe I should of said some ST holders, look over this thread people who for whatever reason find it difficult pay match by match prices have now been labelled moaners ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, fair enough I profusely apologise, you had mentioned your price ceiling.
I guess I missed that when questioning you on your football budget.
Once again I apologise.

Interesting quotes there Stat Brother.

Mustafa's quote.

Same applies to me. Will be the first season I will be attending only *some* home games as opposed to *all* home games since 99/00. Simply been priced out this time.

Will be going to more away games instead, which are generally a more authentic and enjoyable football experience anyway - and so better value for money.

I can appreciate that people don't buy season tickets for a variety of reasons. However @Mustafa, If you have been to all home games since 99/00, why on earth did you not buy a season ticket? surely it would make economic sense, especially as you missed no games. :shrug: (or have I got the wrong end of the stick and you did have a season ticket but you can't afford this year's season ticket but will save money by going to more away games? Genuinely interested.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love Husty's new signature. Boycotting the Amex? He hardly ever went to games anyway. What a Jessy.

He doesn't go to home games because he lives in Yorkshire.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For Derby - 3000 match day tickets sold, 4000 not sold.

I predict that Burnley will be 29,000+ on Saturday, as it is a category C game and so has very affordable prices. Our tickets in ESL were just £25.

If the Burnley game ends up being the highest gates of the season, which I suspect it might, it would speak volumes about the prices.

I would be very surprised if we got anything like 29,000 for Burnley. It's still the holiday season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
ST are good value. Not great value, but good value.

match day prices are high, stupidly high.

I would price them at ST prices plus 15 percent.

So a ticket in WSU, where a ST is £540.00, meaning a game costs approx £23.50 for a STH would be priced at £27.00 on a match by match basis.

Spot on....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I live day to day at the moment but just about manage my DD each month just to allow my sanity to keep in check. I have driven my car to the Amex before on memories of petrol but it's my outlet.

I'm not moaning at the club. To carry on and get promoted, they need to attract the better players, as you know.

I'm moaning about all the money ending up going out of the game and in to pockets of those who work less than the average man or woman.

I don't see footballers as playing a role worthy of earning thousands upon thousands a week.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On a side note there are always HUNDREDS of spare tickets knocking around for £20. I must know of at least 3 going spare round my area per game and often they remain unsold. If I was not a STH I'd look at Twitter / Nsc or friends first...

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I have seen a number of people refer to WSL as a standard ticket/seat, pretty sure WSL should not be considered standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports