£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
to be honest I feel that way now about away games. I used to go with Laura every away game...from Carlisle to Bristol, when Rovers played at Bath, Wrexham, Blackpool, to Colchester...for years we spent a huge amount of money ....but now I have got out of the habit and even to the extent that I couldn't be arsed to try to get a QPR ticket. If I can get a Reading one, I probably will get one, but again it wouldnt kill me not to get one.

I'm with you on this, Dave. I don't know if it's just our age (!) but I can't be arsed (or afford) to do many awaydays any more. I know our priorities are forever changing in life, but ultimately I've fallen out of love with the game for the way the riches to be found in The Premiershite has become the be all & end all to once community-based clubs eg The Albion. At least we were about for a few decades & realise that the current 'football model' has cheerfully thrown the baby out with the bath water. Hey ho.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bet some of the people complaining about prices will be soon moaning that we haven't brought in better players. On higher wages. Which would put up prices. And round we go again.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But we haven't got expensive tickets.

We have tickets priced in line with the rest of the division, for a stadium that the club is currently able to sell.

We DO have expensive tickets because all football tickets are expensive.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I bet some of the people complaining about prices will be soon moaning that we haven't brought in better players. On higher wages. Which would put up prices. And round we go again.

You won't hear that complaint from me !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We DO have expensive tickets because all football tickets are expensive.
Well yes.

But not when comparing like for like, which is the only comparison you can make on price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But very few are complaining about the price of the cheapest tickets for Millwall.

Which has to be the basis for the discussion, not the most expensive.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Football IS TOO expensive.

This isn't a Brighton thing, it's a football thing. I don't see how anyone can be happy about it, or justify it.

£43 to watch a Championship game of football is too much. Whether this is Brighton's fault is another debate, but we cannot necessarily expect our club to step above the parapet and set it's own radical pricing at odds with it's fellow clubs. Or can we!? Do people expect us, with a brand new stadium to also be setting a new competitive pricing structure so that we are one of the cheapest around to watch!?

I think this is spot on. It is a football problem not a Brighton problem and we have an expensive, modern stadium which a) has to be paid for and b) means a better product at a justifiably higher price than say watching a match at say Yeovil. God knows how football realistically can bring prices down to a more affordable level. But again - the highest attendances in the league show the club, from their point of view has got the prices more or less right. Doesn't mean we have to like it though and I think it's a crying shame that casual fans may get out of the habit of going due to the high match by match cost. The season ticket option for most remains relatively affordable and decent value.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the club had got the matchday prices right, the Derby game would have been sold out. That is the beginning and end of it, if demand is so high, especially with a 24,000 head-start.

The club lost 4,000 potential sales for the first home league game of the season because the matchday prices were too high. If it had been £25-30, it would have been full, and there would still have been a differential between matchday and ST.

Just looking at the final crowd figure is missing the more subtle stuff underneath, given the high level of STHs.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
ST prices are fantastic value, but match by match prices are too expensive. Surely it's better to drop the ticket price and get more people through the gate spending money on beers and pies. I'd have thought £30 should be the max for a match ticket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blame the PL.

They started this football inflation all those years ago.
That's so unfair.

Before the Premier League football didn't even exist.

Oh how quickly they forget.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ST prices are fantastic value, but match by match prices are too expensive. Surely it's better to drop the ticket price and get more people through the gate spending money on beers and pies. I'd have thought £30 should be the max for a match ticket.
It's only too expensive if they are not selling.

The attendance figures would suggest otherwise.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
most people i am in touch with in sussex are on about 250 quid a week take home so 43 quid for a ticket is way over the top.......28-35 you may get away with .......43 for millwall is just daft.....imho.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

That's not very good economics. It doesn't factor in 'brand loyalty' for a start. Something can be expensive, but still sell well.

We're a nation of overspenders. The proof is in the (piglet) pie.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the club had got the matchday prices right, the Derby game would have been sold out. That is the beginning and end of it, if demand is so high, especially with a 24,000 head-start.

The club lost 4,000 potential sales for the first home league game of the season because the matchday prices were too high. If it had been £25-30, it would have been full, and there would still have been a differential between matchday and ST.

Just looking at the final crowd figure is missing the more subtle stuff underneath, given the high level of STHs.

The STH figures are hiding the real attendances.

See above. I doubt that we will sell out Millwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports