Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you're a member at Reading, matchday tickets cost from £25 (and ST from £395). Just saying.

Not only a lot of similarities, but also a cautionary tale?

They went from having a few thousand to 20,000-plus, on the back of a new stadium and on-field success, a progressive and ambitious club with a stadium to fill.

But even getting relegated from Prem Lg first time hit their crowds hard, the fair-weather element at least.

I know they are worried about crowds, and realise they have to be competitive on this season, despite being also in the 'well-off' south (not everyone is well off in the south).

They are presumably in better financial shape than us after last season, and want to challenge. Comparison is there for all to see.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Why do those with season tickets have this habit of looking down on the non ST holders?

Care to quote where this happened? I don't recall doing it myself and I'm not aware of others doing it. perhaps I missed the posts.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Why do those with season tickets have this habit of looking down on the non ST holders?

Don't think that's true at all. Most if not all of the guys/girls I've spoken to (NSC and out & about) understand it's not always possible to hold a ST and appreciate the distance some of us have to travel to get to games, or understand the fact it's not possible for all fans to hold ST's for whatever reason.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Football IS TOO expensive.

This isn't a Brighton thing, it's a football thing. I don't see how anyone can be happy about it, or justify it.

£43 to watch a Championship game of football is too much. Whether this is Brighton's fault is another debate, but we cannot necessarily expect our club to step above the parapet and set it's own radical pricing at odds with it's fellow clubs. Or can we!? Do people expect us, with a brand new stadium to also be setting a new competitive pricing structure so that we are one of the cheapest around to watch!?

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
At this rate we a better off not getting promoted, the cost of tickets would be mental. As high as they are now ( pretty much priced as a premiership game) then we are looking to pay as much as arsenal charge their fans (yet they invest NONE of that money)

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
If you're a member at Reading, matchday tickets cost from £25 (and ST from £395). Just saying.

Not only a lot of similarities, but also a cautionary tale?

They went from having a few thousand to 20,000-plus, on the back of a new stadium and on-field success, a progressive and ambitious club with a stadium to fill.

But even getting relegated from Prem Lg first time hit their crowds hard, the fair-weather element at least.

I know they are worried about crowds, and realise they have to be competitive on this season, despite being also in the 'well-off' south (not everyone is well off in the south).

They are presumably in better financial shape than us after last season, and want to challenge. Comparison is there for all to see.

Does that £395 include travel?:wink: Do you have to pay to be a member? Cheapest seat includes travel?:wink:
Seriously though our prices are expensive I'm just pleased I am not in charge of our budget!!!

What an idiotic statement.

My point is everything is expensive. Does the OP go to a concert, fuel a car, buy takeaways, go down the pub etc etc.? £40 to watch a game of football is not excessive nowadays -It's a matter of individual priorities. The Albion is once a fortnight (£20 a week) which some happily hand over for fags and lottery tickets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the time that average footballers are paid £5 to £10 K per week this will not go away.
Exactly.

If you want to go, you pay up.
If you want to go, but can't afford it buy a cheaper ticket.
If you want to go, but can't afford the cheapest ticket, then you can't go.

If the club were out of line with the rest of the division you have a justifiable moan.
But they are not, that is how much championship football costs, nobody can be surprised.

This coming from a supporter who will be priced out when/if promotion comes.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
£40 to watch a game of football is not excessive nowadays

It is though. I can take my whole family to see a film ( which is generally longer than a football match ) for that. Both my boys are Albion mad - they have an Albion themed bedroom. To take them to a match costs the best part of £70 - by having such expensive tickets it limits how many times I can take them. THEY are the next generation of STH but in all likelihood they won't become that because it's too expensive to take them to a decent amount of matches.

I appreciate football is a costly business to run but if people who aren't hardened "go every week" fans stop buying tickets because of the price then there is only one inevitable outcome.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Exactly.

If you want to go, you pay up.
If you want to go, but can't afford it buy a cheaper ticket.
If you want to go, but can't afford the cheapest ticket, then you can't go.

If the club were out of line with the rest of the division you have a justifiable moan.
But they are not, that is how much championship football costs, nobody can be surprised.

This coming from a supporter who will be priced out when/if promotion comes.

And the problem with that is that it's a step closer to some super league that will reduce the number of professional clubs from 92+ to a handful. You think the Scottish Premiership is boring - you ain't seen nothing yet !

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is though. I can take my whole family to see a film ( which is generally longer than a football match ) for that. Both my boys are Albion mad - they have an Albion themed bedroom. To take them to a match costs the best part of £70 - by having such expensive tickets it limits how many times I can take them. THEY are the next generation of STH but in all likelihood they won't become that because it's too expensive to take them to a decent amount of matches.

I appreciate football is a costly business to run but if people who aren't hardened "go every week" fans stop buying tickets because of the price then there is only one inevitable outcome.

I can take my whole family to see a film on Sat morning, with the Kids Am deal at Vue, for £7.00. So SIX of those for cost of one WSL standard matchday seat. That is becoming a no-brainer if you're being fair to your family.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But we haven't got expensive tickets.

We have tickets priced in line with the rest of the division, for a stadium that the club is currently able to sell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here