Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 40% crowds in October?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How old?

I'll hazard a guess this could work out perfectly.

A full stadium isn't like anything he would have experienced before and is pretty intimidating.
Getting a couple of games under his belt, getting familiar with the lay out and comfortable will help him settle.

He will be 6 1/2 in October and I’ve thrown him straight into the North so maybe you have a point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Think Arsenal do it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
PL games were suspended early March, the ST deadline was in May.

No it wasn't the renewal date was 11th March for lump sum people to renew and for people who pay by direct debit to cancel, next seasons direct debit payments started in April. The season wasn't actually suspended until a day or two after the deadline.

I'm not sure what the problem with them taking money for next seasons games is, I'd rather pay now and get a refund for games I'm unable to attend than payments being suspended and potentially having to pay more to catch up when crowds go back. If the worse happens and we can't go at all next season then I've already paid for the 2021-22 season.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
PL games were suspended early March, the ST deadline was in May.

Yet first payments on the direct debit scheme for renewal were taken in april. May to july were the months made available for payment holiday. August will be the next payment taken. The first payment always goes out in april.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have had a quick skim through the rules and regulations booklet....and it is going to be a nightmare going back under those conditions. Added to which we know that Barber will have all the rules and regs heavily policed and enforced and there are so many rules that they would be easily broken without realising it. And at the risk of losing your ST if you break the rules no doubt.

I'm wondering if it is:-

a) worth the risk of losing ST by not complying with all the regs & rules

b) going to be much fun in a half empty stadium with even more rules than we have now

I was keen to get back to the AMEX as soon as I possibly could. Now I'm not so sure

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have had a quick skim through the rules and regulations booklet....and it is going to be a nightmare going back under those conditions. Added to which we know that Barber will have all the rules and regs heavily policed and enforced and there are so many rules that they would be easily broken without realising it. And at the risk of losing your ST if you break the rules no doubt.

b) going to be much fun in a half empty stadium with even more rules than we have now

I was keen to get back to the AMEX as soon as I possibly could. Now I'm not so sure

Which rules and regs particularly worry you?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Where do I find the Rules and Regulations booklet ? I’ve never even heard of it. Of all the reasons not to go back I can’t think of one rule that would put me off.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't get it.

We're going to have 3 more months of up and down press headlines. Those have decided there will be a second wave won't be going, those who think this is all a bit OTT now will.

The government needs to grow a pair and give some meaningful info on this, not the lily livered crap we're getting at the moment. I'm fed up of reading about some scientist "warning" of this and "warning" of that. We were told in March we were going to die if we went out of the house, we're now told it might be ok to go to a football game in 3 months - sort of and only some of us.

Utter nonsense.

Some news from the Cross Sport Working Group;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53556072

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Interesting that it talks a lot about chanting and singing...get VAR sorted and that’s one less chant ...I guess we could keep the “this is a library” chant because that means we are all being quiet. ESU can be full no problem there..oh hang on we r load of old biddies..so perhaps not such a good idea.

I see that they are hoping for crowds at the Rugby this Autumn..hoping for 40k at Twickenham...still that’s ok as Swing low sweet chariot has been banned

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why not just introduce mandatory face masks?

All crowds are under CCTV and identifiable so can be enforced, in Premier League at least.

If someone has a health condition that means they cannot wear them, unfortunately they should not be allowed in. For their safety as well as others.

Mandatory masks are going to be in play for the NFL this season, if they are able to play in front of crowds of any size at all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...equired-to-wear-masks-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why not just introduce mandatory face masks?

All crowds are under CCTV and identifiable so can be enforced, in Premier League at least.

If someone has a health condition that means they cannot wear them, unfortunately they should not be allowed in. For their safety as well as others.

Bit of a blow to those who were hoping for a drink in their seat :moo:
I guess you could have a zipped covering ..perhaps with a straw
Calling the ref a *anker isn’t going to be quite as easy

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'm sure We must have been around 40 percent capacity for a few of our cold,wet,windy Tuesday night championship games under hypia.as long as it's 100%harveys100%burgers and 100%noise then I'm in and hopefully get back to a full house soon after.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I forgot to mention I am trying to design a face mask with a trumpet like attachment mouthpiece with a filter/spit catcher in the end of it, so we can still sing and get shouty.watch this space.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bit of a blow to those who were hoping for a drink in their seat :moo:
I guess you could have a zipped covering ..perhaps with a straw
Calling the ref a *anker isn’t going to be quite as easy

I’ve got a few masks like that already so I’m sorted - pm if you want to borrow one and I’ll give it a thorough wash :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here