Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 40% crowds in October?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve seen on the racing post site that Goodwood can have 5000 crowd on August 1st.

Last day of the Festival? Suppose it could happen, tho Goodwood site doesn't say that yet. Oh, and heads up for anyone thinking of watching from Trundle Hill. Daughter lives out that way and says it's not being allowed this time

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Can`t really see how it can be done and not sure I want to go intermittently with or without my family/friends. I def don`t want to go and sit for ninety minutes with a mask on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But not all leaving from one station at the same time. Most large cities you could walk a short way from the stadium and get away from the massed throng! Added to that the service from The Amex is very poor and creates a massive bottle neck.

It’s that queue onto and down the ramp to reach the Lewes train that puts me off. The only way to safely manage it is to stagger leaving times. The waiting around is potentially horrendous.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great we can all get to watch.

Those that are always late and those that always insist on leaving early can be equally accommodated.

Do you think that there will be people that despite being part of a special selection of 40% of capacity WILL still leave on 84 mins!?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you think that there will be people that despite being part of a special selection of 40% of capacity WILL still leave on 84 mins!?

Absolutely fudgingwell nailed on - the freaks.

If you're going to leave with 7 minutes of injury time, piling on the pressure and running the risk of missing the winning goal at the stadium opening.
Then proceed to leave on 80 minutes every single game thereafter, irrespective of kick off time, then you sure as hell aren't going to let a reduced capacity stop you from getting home first.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Taking the positives, social distancing could well signal an end to being whacked about the head by a scarf during Ring Of Fire. With a bit of luck it may well consign Ring Of Fire to the dustbin of Albion history also

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First game of the season will be my sons first ever game, I want him to experience the full atmosphere and match day experience rather than a half empty stadium in fear that he won’t want to come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First game of the season will be my sons first ever game, I want him to experience the full atmosphere and match day experience rather than a half empty stadium in fear that he won’t want to come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old?

I'll hazard a guess this could work out perfectly.

A full stadium isn't like anything he would have experienced before and is pretty intimidating.
Getting a couple of games under his belt, getting familiar with the lay out and comfortable will help him settle.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Interesting. This is much higher figure than the PL's thoughts on the matter last month, when they were considering '1-in-4' (25%) or even '1-in-10' (10%). One wonders if they are being leaned on...?

The SGSA's draft report, where they invite comments, into fans returning (Restart Stage 5) is here to read. Good luck with it.

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uplo...g-for-social-distancing-at-sports-grounds.pdf

Blimey, that is quite an in-depth draft report.
Just browsing through it simply confirms to myself i am not interested in returning until grounds can be fully open.

Staggered entry with your entry window time indicated on your ticket ? ? ?........good luck with that indeed

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I go to games to spend time with my old man. I would go to a full capacity game on my ones, but not a sanitised (literally) stadium with zero atmosphere.

Add in travelling from london, i'd happily allow somebody else to go in my place.

This.

Plus financially not being able to due to the wife not able to work - self employed and not for long enough to claim anything meaning my salary has had to stretch leaving basically zero for discretionary spend which won’t change overnight as she has to build up the business.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely fudgingwell nailed on - the freaks.

If you're going to leave with 7 minutes of injury time, piling on the pressure and running the risk of missing the winning goal at the stadium opening.
Then proceed to leave on 80 minutes every single game thereafter, irrespective of kick off time, then you sure as hell aren't going to let a reduced capacity stop you from getting home first.

80 minutes?

Winning, losing or drawing, good weather or bad, the WSL and ESL mass exodus starts on 70 minutes.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Isn't this where our policy on using Public Transport royally screws us? If we all drove in and parked up they'd be less of a risk than every train carriage being seriously over-crowded and people treated like cattle by SASTA.

I'll be among those who won't bother going back til things are normal for a variety of reasons, I don't want greater risk of catching the bug and I think the atmosphere will still be mega weird to the point of affecting enjoyment. The diehards who will definitely want to go I suspect will not have trouble getting in

SAC

May 21, 2014
It goes to show how ridiculous it was to sell seson tickets before knowing what was going to happen this season. ST sales should have been stopped until a decision is made.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It goes to show how ridiculous it was to sell seson tickets before knowing what was going to happen this season. ST sales should have been stopped until a decision is made.

Don’t think we could foresee what was going to happen at the time of the ST deadline. It was pre lockdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here