4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Insider says unlikely we will get more tickets! The atmosphere for this game is going to be tops........ until we concede in the 2nd minute

Some info for you as just answered my own earlier question by holding on the phone for 35 mins and speaking to the very helpful Scottish fella.

Yes, if you call up you can upgrade to Blule from white, instantly over the phone. This is only poss if you are white. If you are not a member at all I think you best go in and do it.

The cost for me was £15 for my lad and full £30 for me (even tho I paid a tenner for white 2 months ago) not the £20 difference.

I then logged in online and bought my tickets without a problem. £45 did hurt a little but so far I had spent £42 on train tickets and the game tickets were just £17. If last week I was told it would be £110 for 2 tix and the train and for the bargain I get upgraded to Blue, I would have jumped at it -

Also what swayed me was the fact he told me we are well past 4000 sold now and there is absolutely no chance of getting any more from Villa.

If you upgrade to blue you can guarantee a ticket. I suspect many are. If you wait until Wednesday as a white (or even a STH with white/junior friends) chances are you will miss out.

hope this is helpful.

I am going. Woop woop!

Col

Oct 25, 2003
i am also eating humble pie

i didn't think we'd get anywhere NEAR selling out

wednesday is gonna be CARNAGE.......what time do they go on sale?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am really in 2 minds want to take my boy, he will be be upset to miss out - but if I wait I might miss out.
Personally I think kids should be given same priority as blue members - they are the ones who will fill falmer in the future.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Just tried to purchase online and I get the following message:

Anybody know why - is this due to volume ? I may have to put in a postal application tomorrow.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 967: With deATI
Line 968: .SessionId = Profile.Basket.Basket_Header_ID
Line 969: .CustomerNumber = Profile.User.Details.LoginID.PadLeft(12, "0")
Line 970: If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(product) Then
Line 971: .ProductCode = product

Source File: D:\TalentEBusinessSuite\Brighton\Live\TalentEBusiness\redirect\TicketingGateway.aspx.vb Line: 969

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Redirect_TicketingGateway.ProductHome_AddReservedItemsToBasket() in D:\TalentEBusinessSuite\Brighton\Live\TalentEBusiness\redirect\TicketingGateway.aspx.vb:969
Redirect_TicketingGateway.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\TalentEBusinessSuite\Brighton\Live\TalentEBusiness\redirect\TicketingGateway.aspx.vb:119
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am really in 2 minds want to take my boy, he will be be upset to miss out - but if I wait I might miss out.
Personally I think kids should be given same priority as blue members - they are the ones who will fill falmer in the future.

Bollocks. Why should a kiddy on a one-off day trip to the biggest game of the season get priority over a white member who goes up and down the country all season to some of the shitholes of the division ?

Sure, ideally the kids would also get to go to these games, but when demand is high and tickets are in short supply, then loyalty has to be the first priority, not age.

£15 will upgrade him to blue - then you have your wish!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

If he is such a big Seagull fan why hasn't he got a season ticket? Then he would be a Gold Member!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Bollocks. Why should a kiddy on a one-off day trip to the biggest game of the season get priority over a white member who goes up and down the country all season to some of the shitholes of the division ?

Sure, ideally the kids would also get to go to these games, but when demand is high and tickets are in short supply, then loyalty has to be the first priority, not age.

What is there to say a white member has not been to a game all season ? while the 'kiddy' has been to quite a few including away games. Kids would be going with parents who like me are STH - it is games like this that could dter them from being plastic Man U supporters.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

What has the Membership system got to do with loyalty? Go to all the games and miss out. Spend £10 and get a ticket. Spend £30 and get a ticket sooner. Great 'Loyalty' scheme...

First-come, first-served rewards most. If you care enough, get on the phone or online at 9am when things go on sale.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
What is there to say a white member has not been to a game all season ? while the 'kiddy' has been to quite a few including away games. Kids would be going with parents who like me are STH - it is games like this that could dter them from being plastic Man U supporters.

Which comes back to how it all should be really - Ticket stubs, or rated on what/how many games you've been to like the old days.

Oh well, Wednesday 9 am for me..although am contemplating upgrading to Blue..must be mad as a hatter..!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No idea, but obv some error. Why not try downloading a different browser - this will prob work fine.

try google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox - both are free and take no time to instal (assuming you are using IE now)

Don't bother downloading another browser - it's an error on their server, not on your browser.

Try logging in again from scratch...

kingcole - why post an "answer" when you admit you have "no idea? :wozza:

The honourable LE2....

if you read my post, the 1st thing I say is 'no idea'

When I have had probs with a number of applications recently (after Ie upgraded to 8) I have opted to use an alternative browser to overcome the problem.

My solution I am sure still might be of assistance to others, however I am now sure that clive is also very grateful for your input.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I foresee us all scrambling to get the last 1500 tickets that are left on Wednesday morning which will be gone in no time (probably before 10 am).

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
The honourable LE2....

if you read my post, the 1st thing I say is 'no idea'

When I have had probs with a number of applications recently (after Ie upgraded to 8) I have opted to use an alternative browser to overcome the problem.

My solution I am sure still might be of assistance to others, however I am now sure that clive is also very grateful for your input.

To be fair - he had no idea but the solution worked !:wink: - but I can't upgrade son to blue online:rant:. So will join the bumfest on wednesday.
I have issues with this system it does appear you can 'buy' priority for £30 - though I can see there is no easy solution. I don't see the difference between blue and white members ?

If this system was fair new applications for blue membership would be frozen until tickets allocated to existing members. But it appears the club wants to make money from 'new members' at the expense of existing members.

Yay!

Obv ticket office now closed, but it took 2 mins to upgrade both me and lad over the phone and then we logged on and bought.

you have until 5pm tomorrow to get upgraded and avoid the hassle wednesday morning.

I honestly got the impression there might not even be more than a handful of tickets (if any) left for Wednesday - hence the no brianer to go blue before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports