Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] 3rd July 2023 - Hottest day since records began - what to do about climate change?

What should we do about climate change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Folk on this thread talking about climate change whilst also simultaneously drooling over all the new kits on the 23/24 kits thread, conveniently ignoring the fact that the fashion industry is a huge cause of climate change. That's what us humans are very good at though: talking the talk and doing stuff like washing out tin cans for recycling (good willed but let's be honest in the grand scheme of things pointless), but continuing with our lives just the way we like it otherwise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Folk on this thread talking about climate change whilst also simultaneously drooling over all the new kits on the 23/24 kits thread, conveniently ignoring the fact that the fashion industry is a huge cause of climate change. That's what us humans are very good at though: talking the talk and doing stuff like washing out tin cans for recycling (good willed but let's be honest in the grand scheme of things pointless), but continuing with our lives just the way we like it otherwise.
Are we supposed to throw our collective arms up and not discuss anything - ANYTHING - else but climate change then ? Does absolutely everything on here have to lead back to that ?

Next time I have a grizzle about the queues for the P&R, I look forward to someone reminding me that I shouldn't even be thinking about boarding a diesel-guzzling rainforest-razing earthkiller, and should instead be climbing onto a veganised unicorn made of humus and yogurt that farts out pot-pourri in order to make my way home after a game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are we supposed to throw our collective arms up and not discuss anything - ANYTHING - else but climate change then ? Does absolutely everything on here have to lead back to that ?

Next time I have a grizzle about the queues for the P&R, I look forward to someone reminding me that I shouldn't even be thinking about boarding a diesel-guzzling rainforest-razing earthkiller, and should instead be climbing onto a veganised unicorn made of humus and yogurt that farts out pot-pourri in order to make my way home after a game.
Ah, you've also had a sneak peek into the new matchday travel arrangements.

Climate change is going to be the shock tool that governments and the WEF use to impose totalitarian change on the world. Kiss goodbye to your freedoms of travel, food choice, energy availability, independence, what you can grow, and where you can live. It's all being said in plain sight.
God not another one!! Unbelievable amount of sheep.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Awful lot of retirees (or close to it!) on this thread bravely stating everything will be fine - yeh for your lifetime maybe but why not spare a thought for those of us who were hoping to live on this planet for another 70 years, not another 10 to 20? Or bring children into this world - god knows what things will be like in 100 years…

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

That is right. Until a significant number people are willing to sacrifice their quality of life, nothing will change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At least the record temperatures are affecting China this time around. Might just nudge them in the right direction re climate change

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
😂
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 11.41.55.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah, I get your point. I guess I was more aiming at huge companies/businesses who could be doing so much more - like football clubs and releasing an insane amount of new gear every bloody season, but don't, because, yaknow, profit/greed and all that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Climate change is going to be the shock tool that governments and the WEF use to impose totalitarian change on the world. Kiss goodbye to your freedoms of travel, food choice, energy availability, independence, what you can grow, and where you can live. It's all being said in plain sight.
Just like they did with COVID!!!!

This lockdown business has gone on way too long. When are they going to let us out?

Bastards!!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Enjoy your life while you can. Action required for even mitigation would be so drastic, and there is absolutely no appetite for this unfortunately. So there is no point stressing about what is inevitable

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lots of people claim “something must be done”. Almost everyone then expects others to make the sacrifices, they can’t possibly give up their foreign holidays and gas-guzzling Chelsea tractors and the like.

We’re f***ed. We had a chance to save ourselves, but people turned on those giving the warnings (as they still do with Just Stop Oil). Now it’s too late.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Same in terms of intelligent, well educated people who know full well that the fashion industry is horrendous on the environment yet are too vain/selfish to stop buying a shitload of new clothes every season to keep up with new trends. I include football clubs releasing a whole set of new kit/training gear etc every bloody season thesedays. It's depressing.
Do you leave the house with no clothes on?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Do you leave the house with no clothes on?
Er no. But there's a bit of a difference between buying clothes when you need to and the clothing industry at large which actively encourages people to follow trends and buy a whole wardrobe of new clothes needlessly every season, which millions of people around the world pretty much do. There's been a whole host of studies into how damaging the fashion industry has been on the environment and the incredible waste - not just from people throwing out clothes they wore once on a night out or whatever, but clothing companies dumping huge amounts of unsold (mainly) cheap goods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here