[Albion] £30m offer for Levi Colwill rejected

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon .....

Levi knows his contract is running down.
He tells BHA while on loan he wants to come.
Albion bid low ... £30m
Chelsea fans kick off at club over the possibility of him leaving to club who have been making them look stupid for the last year.
Chelsea offers Levi a contract, vastly improved from the one if already had on the table.
Levi looks around to see if Liverpool or Arsenal improve on that
They don't
Levi signs new contract with Chelsea
Puts out twitter message saying that once you're Chels, you're always Chels
Albion sign random LCB that nobody has ever heard of, from league which nobody pays attention to
He turns out to be good and all is well that ends well
Levi continues to play well in a dysfunctional club and has a good career

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Shame his contract wasn't up this year.

Can't see it happening even if we go to 50 (also unlikely), although there is clearly a desire on his part to come to us.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think the main issue here is that Chelsea have quoted that ‘he is not for sale’. Therefore no point in making additional bids, especially as we have been annoyed in the past with teams that have ignored our ‘not for sale’ stance.
Think the onus is on Levi to accept this stance from Chelsea, or take action which I don’t think he will.
Give it a week or so, and then move on.
I doubt we’ll want to annoy Chelsea.
We keep bidding. Unsettle the lad. Exactly what they did in the past to us.

What goes around comes around

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I reckon .....

Albion bid low ... £30m
Chelsea fans kick off at club over the possibility of him leaving to club who have been making them look stupid for the last year.
Chelsea offers Levi a contract, vastly improved from the one if already had on the table.
They don't
Albion sign random LCB that nobody has ever heard of, from league which nobody pays attention to
That's about it I reckon. He'd be stupid not to use the interest to get a wacking great contract from it. With poch there now perhaps it's not such a hit from a footballing perspective if he were to sign an extension. No European football though

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think the main issue here is that Chelsea have quoted that ‘he is not for sale’. Therefore no point in making additional bids, especially as we have been annoyed in the past with teams that have ignored our ‘not for sale’ stance.
Think the onus is on Levi to accept this stance from Chelsea, or take action which I don’t think he will.
Give it a week or so, and then move on.
I doubt we’ll want to annoy Chelsea.
Every player has their price but though I could see us going as high as £35-40M tops, very much doubt more than that. At this stage, it's got to be unlikely it'll happen but it won't be because Bloom and Barber won't want to "annoy" Chelsea. And it could change if Colwill says he wants to leave to play European football. Or he becomes part of a deal for Caicedo.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
All joking apart. Transfer request would help.
How does a transfer request affect the players rights. Doe's he lose out financially by doing that?
I would imagine if Levi wishes to leave he informs Chelsea that he has no intention of signing a new extended contract. This would then reduce his value substantially in 12 months time (but probably not now unfortunately).
However, it may make Chelsea reconsider selling him if they have a 'want away' player in the squad.

It will be an uncomfortable few weeks for Levi, deciding on what to do for the best.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Therefore no point in making additional bids, especially as we have been annoyed in the past with teams that have ignored our ‘not for sale’ stance.
Yes and no. I don't think it would be unreasonable to make another final offer, that was quite a bit higher than the £30m currently offered, a best and final sort of thing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I reckon .....

Albion bid low ... £30m
They don't

This is the most likely scenario.

We may have a chance if Chelsea struggle to sell anyone this summer and therefore need too offload in order to make a signing late on in the window.

Or if he stays but doesn't get a look in with Colwill kicking off big time next summer.

But I imagine he will stay and sign a new offer and all will be good.

Whatever the case I think we should respect the 'not for sale' like we have asked others too and move on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It sounds to me like Chelsea mirroring our rhetoric over Caicedo just to piss us off a bit. They appear to still be upset over Cucu / Caicedo.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It sounds to me like Chelsea mirroring our rhetoric over Caicedo just to piss us off a bit. They appear to still be upset over Cucu / Caicedo.
Awwww...bless their little cotton socks.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is the most likely scenario.

We may have a chance if Chelsea struggle to sell anyone this summer and therefore need too offload in order to make a signing late on in the window.

Or if he stays but doesn't get a look in with Colwill kicking off big time next summer.

But I imagine he will stay and sign a new offer and all will be good.

Whatever the case I think we should respect the 'not for sale' like we have asked others too and move on.
But then we'd be annoyed if he does go somewhere else and we took ourselves out of the running out of respect for a club who deserve no respect.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't see them getting anything like £30m for Challobah.
He is valued at something over £20m, but these valuations are largely guesswork.

You may be right because Chelsea have put themselves in such a stupid situation with squad size and FFP, that I suspect they’ll be getting lowball offers all summer from competitors who are aware of their need to sell.

Brighton have already made a bid for Colwill that matches the amount that they told Leeds to shove three years ago when they wanted Ben White. (Who at that time hadn’t played a minute in the EPL). 😂

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Part of me thinks TB is just taking the piss. He know Chelsea don’t want to sell but thinks ‘why not have some fun’. It is the ultimate pisstake and the CSY (Cock Sucking Yank) must be seething. The ultimate middle finger. We shafted you for better part of £80m and now we’re going to take the piss with a low ball bid.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it's really unfair of Chelsea.

They wouldn't even recognise Levi Colwill if he stood in the middle of the Kings road in a chelsea shirt with a ball tucked under his arm and a pensioner on his head.

We are being asked to pick up the bill for a football club so badly run it nearly went to the (FFP) wall.

The fact is that if Chelsea had sold him last summer as they should have done, then they would have got no more than 500k for him. But since then he has gone on to play for a top 6 first team and made progress with his England career.

In the ten or eleven years Levi spent at Chelsea he got no further than PL2. I find it hard to believe that cost more than 30m or so!

There's only one club being exploited here and it's not Chelsea F.C.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Chelsea need to sell quite a few home grown players by 30 June to balance the books to comply with FFP. Looks like Mount and Loftus-Cheek already on their way out. There will need to be a few more leaving too. Expect transfer fees for saleable Chelsea players to be lower the nearer it gets to 30 June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports