[Albion] £30m offer for Levi Colwill rejected

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just read the Daily Mail (I know) article and apparently not only was £30m rejected Chelsea have also said he isn't for sale.
That’s how these small clubs work. He will push for a transfer to play for a big team in Europe and we will get our man.

(Just practicing how to be a big 6 fan)
So they want a miserable player in their squad? Once we swoop, we inevitably get our man. The chance to join a top six team and play European football is too good to turn down for this lad. I think little Chelsea will fold eventually. Perhaps we throw in Sanchez to sweeten the deal next?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or just up the bid
This. I reckon he's probably a £40-50m player - similar to Ben White.

It's a dilemma for a club like ours. Our club probably feels it owes the player the chance to play here, and that might extend to overpaying (by our standards). We all know we might find another great centre-back for a fraction of the cost, but it's no guarantee. Equally, can Chelsea really offer him regular first team football? If not, how many clubs are going to offer the right price and be a club he'd actually want to go to?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

It's a dilemma for a club like ours. Our club probably feels it owes the player the chance to play here, and that might extend to overpaying (by our standards). We all know we might find another great centre-back for a fraction of the cost, but it's no guarantee. Equally, can Chelsea really offer him regular first team football? If not, how many clubs are going to offer the right price and be a club he'd actually want to go to?
All joking apart. Transfer request would help.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Chelsea finally making a good decision! Absolute shocker.

I can only see Colwill coming here is Chelsea want one of our midfield dynamos and they need to sweeten the pot. It's a shame but with Dunk, Webster and JPVH already in place we will have to look elsewhere to bolster our CH ranks.
Harry Maguire's available...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s a good indicator Levi probably wants to stay.

30m when you consider it’s only £7m more than Webster you have to say it’s a pretty low opening bid, I’d be happy with 40/45 if we are going to get 70 or so for Mac.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If true, interesting that we’ve made a bid first. Rather than wait for a bid on one of our players from their team. My guess. Chelsea won’t be in for Moises. Or we’re trying to buy before we complete on some big transfers out with pockets full of cash!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Good to see us making our play this early in the window. If it’s a ‘no and he’s not for sale’ then we have to move on. We can then genuinely confirm that we tried for him and let Levi know this was the case.
Shame, but I’m sure we have other targets.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s a good indicator Levi probably wants to stay.

30m when you consider it’s only £7m more than Webster you have to say it’s a pretty low opening bid, I’d be happy with 40/45 if we are going to get 70 or so for Mac.
My thoughts. It’s a pretty derisory bid in all honesty , possibly trying to get the player to force a move? But feels early in the window for that

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

I’m almost 100% certain that won’t be the case. To quote Tony “I’m very good at taking the emotion out of a decision.”

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
£25m plus Big Bob (if they want him)

Not sure how a player swap value would work on the FFP balance sheet (estimated value?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports