Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 reasons we will gain automatic promotion this season

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You speak a lot of sense in general, Mr.Noo. Not having this, though! Lualua is very simply a more talented footballer than Murphy.

Murphy has been shocking for weeks, and badly in need of a rest (up to Saturday, which I didn't see). Lualua is not yet fit (could barely run at Rotherham), but when he is, he'll be the man.

I don't know the stats but Jamie must be close to having the mosts assists in the team. I know that his form is hit an miss but he played for my home town club for many years so I am obviously biased in his favour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I don't think we can realistically say whether we have any chance if automatics until beginning of or middle of March. There's still a lot of points to gain, and drop. Far too many factors to affect our promotion bid. I think we can only be enjoying the position we are in at the moment, and enjoy each win as they come, then the hysteria (not that I am accusing this post of being hysterical) can begin.

Sorry to be a downer, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I don't think we can realistically say whether we have any chance if automatics until beginning of or middle of March. There's still a lot of points to gain, and drop. Far too many factors to affect our promotion bid. I think we can only be enjoying the position we are in at the moment, and enjoy each win as they come, then the hysteria (not that I am accusing this post of being hysterical) can begin.

Sorry to be a downer, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet!

No problem, I just wanted to add an island of positivity to the sea of negativity these boards had decended into.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
No problem, I just wanted to add an island of positivity to the sea of negativity these boards had decended into.

You make a load of valid points and a lot lot more than some others on NSC. The negative posts have been winding me up too, results haven't been good, but who expected us to be in such a strong position? Not me!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I don't know the stats but Jamie must be close to having the mosts assists in the team. I know that his form is hit an miss but he played for my home town club for many years so I am obviously biased in his favour.

To be honest there is not a lot in it, with regards to assists.

As you'd expect, with our general lack of goals, there have not been enough assists by anyone, but for those who care:

Sam Baldock x 3
Dale Stephens x 3
Biram Kayal x 3
Tomer Hemed x 2
Jamie Murphy x 2
Bruno Saltor x 2
Gaetan Bong x 2
Lewis Dunk x 1
Rajiv Van La Parra x 1
Bobby Zamora x 1
Solly March x 1
Kazenga LuaLua x 1
Liam Rosenior x 1

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest there is not a lot in it, with regards to assists.

As you'd expect, with our general lack of goals, there have not been enough assists by anyone, but for those who care:

Sam Baldock x 3
Dale Stephens x 3
Biram Kayal x 3
Tomer Hemed x 2
Jamie Murphy x 2
Bruno Saltor x 2
Gaetan Bong x 2
Lewis Dunk x 1
Rajiv Van La Parra x 1
Bobby Zamora x 1
Solly March x 1
Kazenga LuaLua x 1
Liam Rosenior x 1

I would have thought Murphy had more...................... He created Hemed's first goal. He created Zamoras goal on Saturday and I thought he assisted with the first goal against Birmingham. I think he was also brought down for one of the penalties

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He created Zamoras goal on Saturday

I'm not sure any definition of an asset covers hitting the post with your shot with the rebound falling fortuitously to a team mate to score. Unless you are suggesting it was a cunning pass played off the post...?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would have thought Murphy had more...................... He created Hemed's first goal. He created Zamoras goal on Saturday and I thought he assisted with the first goal against Birmingham. I think he was also brought down for one of the penalties

He was brought down against Wolves, but Hemed missed that penalty. He did convert our (only) other one, when KLL was scythed down.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'd always thought being a football supporter (particularly BHAFC) was all about having dreams and fantasies, maybe that's where I've been going wrong

No, you haven't. Read most threads on NSC (or at least those relating to BHA) and they are a tension between the glass half full and the glass half empty posters. It is surely the privilege//anguish of us as football supporters to play out our dreams through the proxy of people we have never met; people who play to our dreams while it suits them but in practice have an eye to the exit marked 'CASH'. Twas ever thus...

I have a close relative with stage 4 cancer. Not only does it put football in perspective, but It provides a curious metaphor for the much bigger struggle I witness every.day. Reality is one thing, hope and dreams say something more positive...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure any definition of an asset covers hitting the post with your shot with the rebound falling fortuitously to a team mate to score. Unless you are suggesting it was a cunning pass played off the post...?

The definition of assist I always thought was the last team mate of the goalscorer to touch the ball was deemed as an assist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here