Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 days to go. How is everybody feeling?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Look through the history of BHA. The Mullery days, Cup Finals, Newcastle away 1979, Wembley (& Cardiff) Play off Finals and Hereford away. We are a part of what people will be talking about in years to come. Relax and enjoy it knowing that one day you'll be able to say "I was there".
Nervous, no. Just pass the toilet roll please.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can think of nothing else, but I have no doubt that we are considerably better than Palace and 2 games, as opposed to the dice roll 1 game final, should suit us just fine and we will emerge victorious.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
There always seems to be a penalty/red card or two in favour of the home team at Selhurst when we play there so yes, bricking it.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Main concern has to be Barnes losing his head again and getting sent off early on - they are bound to wind him up and all 11 players are going to have to keep their cool and not do anything stupid to react - first 10 minutes especially is going to be crucial.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Dreading an early sending off or penalty at Sellhurst but otherwise confident.

Work is stopping me from completely obsessing about the games at the moment though.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have a conveniently timed bit of food poisoning or virus resulting in the shits and chunders. Certainly helps to intensify the build up experience.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Am hoping that a 7 match ban has concentrated Ashley's mind a little. The way he made Ulloa keep his shirt on suggests he's learning.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can see it still being very much in the balance come the 2nd leg. Their home form is good. A draw would be a good result...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I can think of nothing else, but I have no doubt that we are considerably better than Palace and 2 games, as opposed to the dice roll 1 game final, should suit us just fine and we will emerge victorious.

2 games should suit us fine, and I actually have (almost) no doubt that we will outclass them over 180 minutes. The only thing I'm really worried about is one of them (Zaha?) diving, getting Upson/Bridge/Kuszczak sent-off in the process, then parking the bus and grinding out a 1-0 over the 2 legs.

Swindon BATTERED us in 2004, and we still won over the 2 legs... it could happen in reverse here... and that is what scares me.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Looking forward to this already. This time last week I wouldn't have said that but i think our result on Saturday was the best possible result we could have asked for all things considered.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cool calm collected.

I am more concerned about this dissertation I am struggling with which is due in on the 27th

:facepalm:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would take a one goal loss at this stage, anymore and they will be able to counter attack us at the Amex.

I'd be estatic if we get a draw though!

Haven't felt this nervous/trepidation for years when it comes to a football match. Last time I was like this was for the City match at the Millenium stadium.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
nervous, excited, quietly confident.

i'm really glad that, due to the time difference, i only have to wait until the early afternoon for kick off time on friday. of course, that's only an advantage if i manage to stay asleep until a reasonable hour but in reality i'm sure i'll be browsing nsc from about 3am onwards....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Nervous as hell. I am confident that we are the better team but worry about something happening like the last visit, major injuries, a sending off, ref losing it. All of those things.

My worse nightmare is PIG being sent off first minute for a Zaha dive. I see it very clearly.

I'm worrying about this kind of thing. That horrible moment when someone goes down in the area or there's a foul by our last defender or suddenly someone is clean through on goal and time seems to stand still and you're thinking "Oh my God!" and everything seems horribly inevitable. And it all happens in the first 90 seconds. I'm going to get a book on positive thinking....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looking forward to this already. This time last week I wouldn't have said that but i think our result on Saturday was the best possible result we could have asked for all things considered.

Squeaking your first win in 10, while conceding 2 goals against a League One side? Riiight...play like Saturday again and we'll put 4 or 5 past you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here