Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£3.50 for a program???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This will be my first season in 25 years i don't buy a programme for every game I go to. They're too expensive, take up too much space, are generally worthless and there's so much other media around the club and players these days.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I have that extra 50p in my pocket so roll on tomorrow night. Who else has taken up a roost in the south stand?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A pie and pint is now £7.50 but using my smart card this year so the increase is essentially 25p for me. Seems reasonable on those terms.

I do not generally buy a programme but they few I got last season were well worth the money they are gonna charge this season.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
reddevil.jpg

still a Red Devil at heart?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You could always have the quality of the Hull City programme for £3.

But then just look at these facts that were printed in their 20 twenty section looking at the Albion:

Lost their opening league game at the Amex against Crystal Palace 3-1

Only ever been in the top divison for 3 seasons

So £3 for for a work for fiction, or £3.50 for an top quality programme.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You also need to consider what change needs to be had by the seller, 50p hike after 6 years seems reasonable provided the quality remains the same as last season - it is a good read

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Fantastic stadium, great new signings with hopefully 1 or 2 more to come! Like all clubs the money has to come from somewhere and we, the fan, are a great source for that cash! Surely we have to leave it to the businessmen of the club to run the financial side of things? For everything 1 supporter refusing to buy a programme, 10 more will! That's business!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If it's the same quality as last year then that price is fine. Can't go up anymore in this league though.

The cover design looks first class. Brilliant design. Kudos to whoever made it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Excuse me, they don't hand them out like confetti, they hand them out to the members who pay for them as part of their membership deal. It is part of the 1901 package, they are all paid for, and what's to say that the members don't read them, and then, as they have finished with them leave them behind? They're not hard backed first editions, they are short magazines, pertinent to the game on that day. I don't keep mine, though I do take the, home to finish reading them, before tossing them in the bin the next day.

Rubbish, they get handed out when you go in and they're distributed all over the tables. It's dragging down the profit margin because all the copies left ignored go unsold in the club shop. If they were cleverer with the distribution it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying it is the only issue, obviously. But it hasn't helped.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Rubbish, they get handed out when you go in and they're distributed all over the tables. It's dragging down the profit margin because all the copies left ignored go unsold in the club shop. If they were cleverer with the distribution it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying it is the only issue, obviously. But it hasn't helped.

We get one on arrival, yes. But I've not once seen programmes scattered about on tables going to waste.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Having done the non league circuit with Eastbourne Boro for a few years I can say that the Seagulls programme is very good value compaired with a lot of non league teams that charge the same price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here