Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£3.50 for a program???

11:56 from Fareham

Feb 24, 2012
According to the picture officialbhafc has just put on twitter. Nothing can escape the barberation. 3.50 is a bit of a pisstake realy

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Havent bought a programme in YEARS apart from goldstone last (both versions) hereford, withers first amd last amd donny. Maybe if we get to the cup final.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It isn't a piss take if it is kept to the same quality as last season.

Yes, I have to agree with that. The quality of last seasons programme is unquestionable. You can see it isn't exactly the same as last season but if the content is the same then it's still value at £3.50.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
This is inevitable as the club moves forward, prices increasing for everything. But the club need to be careful because people haven't got bottomless pockets.
As posted in previous thread after Chelsea game, food and drink has gone up quite dramatically.

D

Deleted member 18477

Personally never found programmes appealing. I take it £3.50 is a rise in price from last season?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agre our programmes are class BUT why oh why is everything going up in price? I was worried the club would try get as many bodies in and then start price rises and unfortunately they have :(

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally never found programmes appealing. I take it £3.50 is a rise in price from last season?

Been £3 since Withdean days, very early on in the Withdean days in fact. Our programme possibly hasn't gone up in price in a decade.

D

Deleted member 18477

Been £3 since Withdean days, very early on in the Withdean days in fact. Our programme possibly hasn't gone up in price in a decade.

Oh I see. well i reckon they'll be £4 next year and £5 if we're in the prem...

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
People who keep saying its only 50p increase, then add on the 30p increase in beer and the extra on food, it soon starts adding up, can't see me spending much at the amex this year.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh I see. well i reckon they'll be £4 next year and £5 if we're in the prem...

Well, I say calm yourself down pal because they've gone up in atleast 5 years so 50p every 5 years on average would hardly be a disaster. And again, it's about quality.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People who keep saying its only 50p increase, then add on the 30p increase in beer and the extra on food, it soon starts adding up, can't see me spending much at the amex this year.

The price increase for the quality of our programme is inevitable. They hand them out like confetti in the 1901 areas so they're overproducing them at great expense. They wouldn't need to increase the price if they didn't print so many but considering the quality of the print and the content, I don't think a 50p increase is unreasonable.

I don't, however, believe that 30p on the cost of a pie is reasonable and the pie and pint deal being £1 more this season is very stern.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
According to the picture officialbhafc has just put on twitter. Nothing can escape the barberation. 3.50 is a bit of a pisstake realy

What has it to do with Barber? The program has been £3 for a long time, 4 or 5 years at least I'd say, perhaps you weren't aware of that. So it's gone up, for the first time in a long time, your puerile dig at the new chief executive is pathetic.

D

Deleted member 18477

Well, I say calm yourself down pal because they've gone up in atleast 5 years so 50p every 5 years on average would hardly be a disaster. And again, it's about quality.

Yea but it's easier to demand higher prices with a) better quality programme b) better all round facilities c) better players d) better football.

I hope they don't for the loyal people that buy them and the same for food. But it's just a gut feeling of the way things have already gone up in 1 year alone...

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Up by 50p from last year is a bit steep. Not alone but coupled with food & drink hikes etc. it's hardly a subtle rise.

I am one of these saddo's that collects a programme from each game, picks up replica shirts/dvd's etc for me and little boy as well as other little bits. I like my food and drink at the ground but an increase in all these costs will lead to me questioning what I spend at the Albion a bit more than previous years and will potentially result in me spending less this year than previous seasons by being more careful...good for me but I imagine not the clubs overall target of price increases.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The price increase for the quality of our programme is inevitable. They hand them out like confetti in the 1901 areas so they're overproducing them at great expense. They wouldn't need to increase the price if they didn't print so many but considering the quality of the print and the content, I don't think a 50p increase is unreasonable.

I don't, however, believe that 30p on the cost of a pie is reasonable and the pie and pint deal being £1 more this season is very stern.

Excuse me, they don't hand them out like confetti, they hand them out to the members who pay for them as part of their membership deal. It is part of the 1901 package, they are all paid for, and what's to say that the members don't read them, and then, as they have finished with them leave them behind? They're not hard backed first editions, they are short magazines, pertinent to the game on that day. I don't keep mine, though I do take the, home to finish reading them, before tossing them in the bin the next day.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i'd usually skim over these types of threads and mutter something about 'it's only 20/30/50p etc but can see where people are coming from and its bloody annoying and i'd honestly say i may think twice before getting my beer & burger etc this season because it does all add up

i guess this type of thing comes with success but footie is just getting to expensive

i expect the non league game to be getting much larger crowds soon

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
50p here, 50p there ... it all adds up. I'm already paying more for three season tickets than I was last year, and my income is lower (self employed). Even if pies, programmes etc were unchanged in price I would be cutting back. That's not a dig at the club, just a frontline report from the economy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here