Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£3.50 for a program???

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, even though the programme may be better in quality, I have all of the 11/12 programmes lined up neatly like a row of books. The lack of a decent binding means I'm unlikely to buy many programmes this year.

Its sad, its silly but its my one OCD.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Preferred the gold spine yes, but think this is worth the extra 50p. Seemed slightly better than last year, and sort of poster bit in the middle is a nice touch.

Glad you noticed. IT's no longer 'perfectly bound' (hard spine) and will therefore be cheaper to produce - significantly on mass. Certainly doesn't justify a 50p increase. Don't really buy them anyway - my mate picks me one up from 1901 every game ; )

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Michael Owen.

I only asked as there didn't seem to be anyone particularly noteworthy in there last night, well if there was I didn't spot them.

BTW, I read my programme before and after the game, and then left it on a table in the lounge Once I had finished with it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Glad you noticed. IT's no longer 'perfectly bound' (hard spine) and will therefore be cheaper to produce - significantly on mass. Certainly doesn't justify a 50p increase. Don't really buy them anyway - my mate picks me one up from 1901 every game ; )

The difference in cost between perfect bound and saddle-stitched has closed considerably in recent years.

Saddle-stitched is still cheaper, but only by a few pence in terms of unit costs.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I remember fans getting upset when it *cost* 50p when Albion introduced a colour programme for the 79/80 Div 1 season so I'm fairly relaxed at this advanced age that its gone *up* by 50p.

It's always the same. People wanting something for nothing. This is a quality program and we should be proud of it. £3.50 is bloody good value. I bet those complaining would be quite happy to accept a 50p increase on their beer, ciggies, drugs and burgers. You don't get anything for nothing apart from unemployment benefit. If you don't want to pay an extra 50p, don't buy one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I may have missed previous posts, but the squad list on the back last night did not include:
Hoskins
Sparrow
Vincelot

They are not on the club website player profiles either.

I'm a bit slow generally, but I wasn't aware they've gone yet?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I stopped buying a program many years ago when additional pages of adverts and general football items were included, the whole point of the program is to list the players of each side which increasingly were not accurate as programs were produced some days before a match, its the same style as Sky,they keep adding channels then charge you extra whether you view them or not.
If asked i would have guessed £2 so was astonished to learn they are £3.50,do they require a high standard of paper and print for the short life they have?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just to clarify, arrived in the Profile Lounge, I can confirm there are no programmes on the tables. Not that I ever thought there would be, BTW I shall leave mine on the table when I'm finished ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here