2nd Test Match - Bangladesh v England

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No as he wont go on tour but could have done a job at home last year. The future must be the 19 year old Indian sounding named opener.

And if we don't sort our opening bat woes on this tour is there still hope for Tres with England in 2017?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We do have a problem as Hales doesnt seem up to it and Duckett hasnt set the world alight although it is young days for him so lets give him time to set him self up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And if we don't sort our opening bat woes on this tour is there still hope for Tres with England in 2017?

I think BG is right this time. The lad would have benefited from a game on this tour. India would be a tough baptism for an urgent call up.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
England 174-8. :nono:

I just saw the morning highlights over a coffee during the lunch break............

Root was out plum LBW and didn't review, Woakes was given out caught behind and was not out on review. A long shot question, had Root reviewed would we still have had one left, anyone know?

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good point about reviews. If they are going to be used in the modern game, they should be on the scorecard. I have no idea of the review situation in this innings.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thank goodness our lower order can bat, those guys seem to dig us out of a hole most matches these days.

Great warm up for India.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good point about reviews. If they are going to be used in the modern game, they should be on the scorecard. I have no idea of the review situation in this innings.

If we only had 1 review left when Root decided not to use it, that was a big moment in this test match with Woakes having done what he's done.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bad decision there, no way that ball would have been above waist height if Woakes hadn't moved forward. Daft rule anyway, hardly dangerous at that pace !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports