Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test Match - Bangladesh v England

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This series is a quite amazing confirmation of the subtle joys of Test cricket. All credit to Bangladesh too, because on home soil at least, they're putting up a challenge.

I've got a nine-year-old, and he likes to ask 'who's winning?' whenever we have the Test on, or it comes up on the news. I like to try to tell him that that's a very difficult question to answer at a particular moment, especially before both teams have batted. At a push, however, we might say that Bangladesh were winning, and now England are. That's an incredible turnaround in the space of an hour or two, when a Test match is, or can be, spread over 30 hours. It is also an illustration of the drama and flows of Test cricket.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bangladesh 220 all out (63.5 overs)

from 171-1 after 41 overs.... Bangladesh lost their last nine wickets for 49 in 22.5 overs

Moeen Ali 19.5-5-57-5 :clap:

Woakes 3-30, Stokes 2-13 :clap2:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Unbelievable stuff. Bangladesh must be kicking themselves, but a cracking come back from England.

Need to give credit to Moeen, good figures after a tough first session.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
My heart yearns for Bapu Nadkarni......India v England....Madras Test....1963-4......32 overs....27 maidens.....5 runs....0 wickets.........131 successive dot balls........now that is proper cricket.

You'll like Stokes' figures then. Not quite in that league, and he had the temerity to take two wickets, but still:

O = 11
M = 5
R = 13
W = 2

Econ = 1.18

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Loads of reverse swing for Stokes and Bangladesh have only got one seamer.

This is all teed up nicely...for a horrendous England collapse.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Glad we've got Gary Ballance to rescue us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here