Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test Match - Bangladesh v England

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rhythm maybe... footmarks on day one??

No. Day three? Yes.

5 out of top 6 being left handers cannot be a good state of affairs on these pitches, though I do apprecaite your point that two of their bowlers are left armers.

Cook and Duckett being bunnnies on this tour isn't heling either I guess.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The question is how much do we all bet on Ashwin for bowler of the series in India. You surely open with him against this lot?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The question is how much do we all bet on Ashwin for bowler of the series in India. You surely open with him against this lot?

Depends on the type of wicket they prepare. Based upon this, they will prepare a wicket that turns from day 1.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Why is Ballance still in this team?

Think we needed some rain to stop the wickets falling.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Stumps Day 1.
England 50/3
Bangladesh 220 all out.

Quite a day.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Since the 1970's mate. I think we were, on the whole, fairly crap between Mike Brearley to Michael Vaughan so many years of suffering!

Me too. And I'd agree with that assessment, but my point was that even with Vaughan and after, England have been quite accomplished at batting collapses. We have been saved of late by the strength in depth of the batting line-up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Me too. And I'd agree with that assessment, but my point was that even with Vaughan and after, England have been quite accomplished at batting collapses. We have been saved of late by the strength in depth of the batting line-up.

Or to look at it another way - that's why we've had to build such a long batting line up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stumps Day 1.
England 50/3
Bangladesh 220 all out.

Quite a day.

Indeed. It's a shame the Barmy Army aren't there because they've just missed an opportunity to re-word "Oggy Oggy Oggy" with the Bangladesh scorecard:

Ali!
Woakes!
Ali!
Stokes!
Ali, Ali, Ali!
Woakes, Stokes, Woakes!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We are going to get thrashed by India unless the batting radically improves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could or should this be the end of Balance and what about the 19 year old boy wonder where is he. Brings to mind the old saying if you are good enough you are old enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here