Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd place there for the taking this season....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
MOTD 2 seem not to even have noticed it - "Middlesbrough and Derby struggling because of managerial problems/changes/uncertainty, whereas Burnley and Hull are benefitting from keeping the same managers" - or words to that effect. The word "Brighton" didn't even pass their lips! Obviously, second place is not up for grabs - by us anyway!

Under the radar, boys! - go for it!

Yeah same on Radio 5 completed ignored us, love it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Besides our centre-forwards, who would you say isn't good enough for the Prem who regularly plays for the Albion?

That (thankfully) is Hughton's job rather than mine. Basically, most of the team could do a job in the PL, but only if surrounded by better players.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't think Burnley have run away with it. If we win our game in hand on them and then beat them at the Amex, they are only 3 ahead of us. Look at their ''run in'' It looks quite difficult. They have been staggering over the line in recent matches with penalties or their strikers getting them out of jail.

I think there is very much all to play for but we have to do our job and if we do our job then the rest will take care of itself
This 100%. But we need to win our next two games. Obviously.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
my mistake, sorry!
64235279.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agree entirely, they looked good on Friday night. Which is why I just want to concentrate on us and worry about the others later.
Whilst I agree that we can't be complacent and every game is difficult I can't agree with the "they looked good" bit.

From what I saw, both teams looked utter shite on Friday and (cheating aside) I'd fancy us to batter Palace if we played them tomorrow and they played like that.

No complacency whatsoever but we SHOULD beat Reading.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
The 5 games in 2 short runs vs Reading, MK, Fulham, QPR and Charlton look like must wins. Then it's about how we come out of the tough 3 game run vs Burnley, Brum and Forest. Less than 17-18 points from those 8 games and we will probably be looking to ensure key players (Kayal...) are fit for the play-offs. Even if we do well in those 8, we're still likely to need to win at Boro on the last day for automatic promotion.
That's my take on it - still looks likely to be 4th place to me, but it's a funny old game....
Enjoy the ride!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I think pretty much all football experts would have expected 'boro to get more than zero points in two games against Rotherham and Charlton.

They've got 1 point in 6 games against Blackburn, Bristol, Rotherham and Charlton. You'd have expected them to pick up minimum 12 from that little lot and it's the reason they're not top and clear favourites for automatic promotion right now. By comparison to the rest of the contenders their record against the top half is stellar and I for one hope one of us finishes top two, because I'd make them clear favourites in the play-offs regardless of who they play and what form they go in with.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking at the league table. The defence.

Think potentially Goldson and Dunk could cut it (assuming the latter can cut out the brain-freeze he has at least once a game), plus Bong (don't think the three have played together yet ?). Bruno has had a great season but may be just too old for a step up. We haven't had our potentially best 4 at the back together in a game this season.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Recent results have certainly opened things up for us and we've got the habit of not losing, if not quite winning. The trouble is we have Reading to play and our record against them is total turnip. If we lay that hoodoo to rest tonight I really shall start to believe we might be able to pull this off.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Recent results have certainly opened things up for us and we've got the habit of not losing, if not quite winning. The trouble is we have Reading to play and our record against them is total turnip. If we lay that hoodoo to rest tonight I really shall start to believe we might be able to pull this off.

Past records count for nothing, Cardiff hadn't beaten us in the previous 7 meetings until they thumped us a short while ago!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Still a lot of big games to come for us, however, start with a win on Tuesday, then see what happens. Our best chance by far though

Agreed. I am superstitious about us finishing third again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here