Living In a Box
Morgan or bust now as Trott is so slow

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Time for Woakes to make up for his bowling? Can't see it but let's hope

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
41 overs: Eng 246-8
Mills in for his ninth over, Trott and Anderson are busy with ones and twos - Jimmy has plenty of fans here, even cheering a snick for two to third man - and they rack up eight from the over. Would you believe, England are ahead of where New Zealand were at this stage - the Kiwis were 233-2. Just shows what can be done if you keep wickets in hand. Anderson has an effervescent 15, Trott a patient but assured 97.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All over. Well played NZ. That should be the last we'll see of Woakes and Blue arm in an England shirt.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very poor - Is this really the best 1 day players in the country (plus a few Irish?)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It baffles me every time why Matt Prior doesn't get selected for ODIs

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Trott's 100 actually came up in QUICKER time than Guptill's. His ODI very much stands up to scrutiny, he's averaging over 50 with a strike rate in the mid 70's.

It hasn't been a good couple of games but we've run into a player in the form of his life. The injuries in the bowling department have killed us.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It baffles me every time why Matt Prior doesn't get selected for ODIs

3 50s in 62 ODI innings at 24.18 is why.... At a SR of 76.76 - Prior has become a very good test player, but he's nowhere near the one day team, he's behind Buttler, Kieswetter, Bairstow and others....

Just for the record and by contrast, the usual suspect for criticism Trott has 4 hundreds and 20 50s at 52.60 with an almost identical strike rate to Prior.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
3 50s in 62 ODI innings at 24.18 is why.... At a SR of 76.76 - Prior has become a very good test player, but he's nowhere near the one day team, he's behind Buttler, Kieswetter, Bairstow and others....

Just for the record and by contrast, the usual suspect for criticism Trott has 4 hundreds and 20 50s at 52.60 with an almost identical strike rate to Prior.

The one caveat to this is that he didn't have much of a run in the side in a settled spot. If I remember correctly, he was initially being used as an opener. As good as he is, he does have (like most batsmen) a vulnrability to the moving ball early in his innings or against extreme pace. The other thing to consider is that his keeping has improved beyond recognition since he played in the ODI team.

I really think he'd be worth another go batting 6 or 7, with his experience I think he could turn into a world class finisher.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It really is time to bin Jade Dernbach. I don't understand why he's been given the chances he has. He is worse than Saj Mahmood ever was, and that is saying something.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
The test side is the best team in the world by far, only South Africa are even close.

One day side is pretty naff though, needs mega sorting out and fast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here