Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£29.50 thoughts?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Again, I'm happy that the club have given Arsenal a fair deal. We'll have to do business with them in the future, so what's the point of souring relations for the sake of £50K?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Again, I'm happy that the club have given Arsenal a fair deal. We'll have to do business with them in the future, so what's the point of souring relations for the sake of £50K?

I'm not criticising the club, just highlighting the rule. Like you say, if we force the to accept prices that rip off their fans and we end up getting a draw, they'd be likely to do the same for the return leg, just out of spite.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la

£28 is the standard price and they have a £1.50 booking fee so why should there be any thoughts on this other than the OP being a bit stupid

I just think with our seat prices from £28 - £39 the club could of taken a bit more from the away fans, nothing stupid with that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I just think with our seat prices from £28 - £39 the club could of taken a bit more from the away fans, nothing stupid with that.

Yes there is because you can't f***ing do it under FA rules, which bit of thick are you ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
More a case of simple maths that the Albion had a chance to pull in more revenue with away fans in this one off game, do you think if this game goes to a replay that Arsenal will charge us the same?

More a case of following the rules or, to put it another way, reading the whole thread!!!!! You can't charge away fans more than you do for home fans for equivalent seats.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
from the arsenal website

Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal
FA Cup Fourth Round - Sponsored by Budweiser
Saturday 26 January 2013
Kick Off 3.00pm
To be played at The American Express Community Stadium

We are due to receive an allocation of 4000 tickets for this fixture.

Tickets are priced at:
Adults: £28.00
Over 65: £20.00
Under 18: £14.00
Under 10: £7.00

hope they haven't got too many Under 10s coming

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Yes there is because you can't f***ing do it under FA rules, which bit of thick are you ?

As I don't take your remarks to heart, I think you firstly need to calm down a bit and check the FA rules yourself. The bit where it says that two clubs concerned can mutually agree to charge the away fans more than the home fans. Happy hunting!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think there's a point to me made here... it seems that we're charging away fans £28 for seats in those two east stand blocks, yet when we sell these to home fans (for home league games, or the game against Newcastle)we charge £34. That's not right, surely?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

More a case of following the rules or, to put it another way, reading the whole thread!!!!! You can't charge away fans more than you do for home fans for equivalent seats.

Did you look this up [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]? You were pretty sure about this. I've had a look.

Section 20: Admission to Matches - Sale of tickets. Part c (ii) A higher admission charge [than the minimum defined in (c i)] may be mutually agreed by the clubs concerned. The Away Club's spectators may only be charged more than the Home team if agreed by both clubs.

So we could have charged more if both clubs agreed. It's completely acceptable. And in fact we were charging the Arsenal fans less for some of those seats than home fans pay for those seats during league matches. So I admire the club for being even handed, but not sure I wouldn't have charged all of them the higher cost rather than all the lower cost. But that's a pov.

Perhaps drew and Beachy owe C Block blue an apology? He raised a very interesting question about ticket prices in light of the recent debate sparked by the £62 tickets at The Emirates and you both got pretty aggressive whilst being factually in the wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here