Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£29.50 thoughts?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Precisely, it is almost like amateur journalism trying to make a story out of nothing.

No wonder the club get so pissed off at times with threads like this.

I'm genuinely surprised they take half the threads on here so seriously!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thoughts?

I'm thinking about making a cup of tea, and eating my packed lunch already. Should hold off until 11 at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm genuinely surprised they take half the threads on here so seriously!!
They don't.
The concern is that other people do.

PB's problem with it is the people that come on here see a thread saying '£40 a ticket'.
That's not the case but it's the impression that person leaves with, without chasing it up.

I'd love to know the traffic figures for NSC v the official site.

As said, I couldn't go to the NUFC game, so didn't get involved with the ticketing/pricing threads.

I was pretty pleased and surprised that mine and jnr's seats came in at £35 all in, kind of proving the point.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Sadly they are not just offered on general sale. It would have been an opportunity for all those fans have been priced out to see their team in action.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Aren't they the same price as the equivalent seats in the North Stand, ie £28 plus a booking fee. Don't think the club can charge Arsenal more for their tickets than we charge our own fans for equivalent seats.

They can, but only if Arsenal agree to it.

Also, this season in the competition proper, the home side set the prices, with a minimum cost of £10 (non-concession). They only have to reach an agreement with the away side if they want to charge opponents' fans more.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
That be around the same price Arsenal fans would pay for a home FA Cup game against us, it's only the big fixtures (like Man City) which they change £62

This is the normal cost of seats in that area of the ground. I do not think that the club are allowed to put their prices up for one game (to the away fans only) just because of who we are playing!

Did we not pay over the odds at Selhurst this season compared to other away fans ?

Most Clubs categorise matches within different price bands - we should have done this with Arsenal and charged them at least £40 a pop, and they would have thought it a bargain compared to the Emirates prices.

Missed opportunity IMO.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The rules are clear, if we wanted to charge arsenal more for their tickets, our own tickets would have to be priced the same.

Separate note, I see the arsenal ticket exchange system appears to work exactly the same as ours, doesn't come into play till the match is sold out. I think they stated that since they introduced the scheme 20,000 tickets have been sold this way

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They don't.
The concern is that other people do.

PB's problem with it is the people that come on here see a thread saying '£40 a ticket'.
That's not the case but it's the impression that person leaves with, without chasing it up.

I'd love to know the traffic figures for NSC v the official site.

As said, I couldn't go to the NUFC game, so didn't get involved with the ticketing/pricing threads.

I was pretty pleased and surprised that mine and jnr's seats came in at £35 all in, kind of proving the point.
To be fair there were Albion fans who purchased a £39 ticket and the £2 booking fee meant they splashed out £41 to watch the Newcastle game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To be fair there were Albion fans who purchased a £39 ticket and the £2 booking fee meant they splashed out £41 to watch the Newcastle game.

To be fair, there were hundreds of empty £28 seats as well

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So they have been charged the cheapest rate and that was my point, it does not matter if there in similar seats you charge the opposition the average price.

Where on earth did you come up with that equation?

Did we not pay over the odds at Selhurst this season compared to other away fans ?

Most Clubs categorise matches within different price bands - we should have done this with Arsenal and charged them at least £40 a pop, and they would have thought it a bargain compared to the Emirates prices.

Missed opportunity IMO.

As someone else pointed out, if we had done that then our good friends in the North Stand would have had a feeding frenzy over having to pay the same price. In effect we do categorize cup games. If we were playing a team in the lower divisions it would be cheaper for both of us, as it was against Wrexham last year.

As someone else pointed out, if we had done that then our good friends in the North Stand would have had a feeding frenzy over having to pay the same price. In effect we do categorize cup games. If we were playing a team in the lower divisions it would be cheaper for both of us, as it was against Wrexham last year.

But I was suggesting we should have put them all in the 1901 seats.:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But they didn't have to, and could have bought much cheaper tickets, as they were available.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la

More a case of simple maths that the Albion had a chance to pull in more revenue with away fans in this one off game, do you think if this game goes to a replay that Arsenal will charge us the same?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
If it went to replay Arsenal could always follow Stoke' s effort and reduce prices to fill the 'library' - STOKE CITY have announced that they will offer specially-priced tickets once again for their FA Cup fourth round meeting with Manchester City - Those prices are: £20.00 for adults, £10.00 for over-65s and £5.00 for under-17s.
The fourth round tie, which is a re-run of the 2011 FA Cup Final, takes place on Saturday 26th January with a 12.45pm kick-off.
The tie has been chosen for live coverage by ITV Sport.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have though the FA would have a rule restricting the ticket price for away fans, otherwise unscrupulous chairmen of teams with small grounds who draw a big club would charge the earth.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would have though the FA would have a rule restricting the ticket price for away fans, otherwise unscrupulous chairmen of teams with small grounds who draw a big club would charge the earth.

They have. If you want to charge away fans more than home fans, you have to get the away club's permission.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here