[Albion] 2024 Asian Cup - Mitoma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
1-0 to Japan. They have a very easy route to the final as well so it will be a while before we get Mitoma back.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
1-0 to Japan. They have a very easy route to the final as well so it will be a while before we get Mitoma back.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing for us - he wouldn't be match fit for a while any way even if he was here so at least he might get a few minutes/games for Japan meaning when he is back with us, he'll be ready to go straight away. He's had a bit of a mid season break which he desperately needed as he played so much the first half of the season so hopefully he's going to be fully fit and energized ready for the rest of the season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing for us - he wouldn't be match fit for a while any way even if he was here so at least he might get a few minutes/games for Japan meaning when he is back with us, he'll be ready to go straight away. He's had a bit of a mid season break which he desperately needed as he played so much the first half of the season so hopefully he's going to be fully fit and energized ready for the rest of the season.
we will miss him this Saturday that is for sure.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Mitoma went on a mazy run a few minutes ago. Great to see him bursting down the line, beating defenders for pace. His Japanese teammate blew the chance.

Need a fit and firing Mitoma back to boost our chances, over the coming months.

Providing they get past Syria today, Iran should be a hard game for Japan. Not inconceivable we could have Mitoma back after Palace

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ultimately he's not really fit is he? We really gonna rush him back from this competition and chuck him straight in the team?

Ultimately he's not really fit is he? We really gonna rush him back from this competition and chuck him straight in the team?
With shit all else, I think we will. Remember when we played Webster at West Ham when RDZ said he wasn't going to be ready

Jimmy Grimble

Iran v Japan at 11.30 tomorrow. Expect Mitoma to feature somehow given he did in the last game.

I know we should want him to win it but we are too desperate right now. Come on Iran!

In other news, South Korea are into the semi final and will play Jordan on Tuesday. If they win that, Spurs won’t have Son for our match next week.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Based on the fact De Zerbi said he wouldn't be fit to play in the Asian Cup and that he was due back in the middle of Feb...
If the competition went on until ApriL RDZ would have said he will be ok for May. No way any manager wants a important player like Mitoma peeing off on a tournament like that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Iran v Japan at 11.30 tomorrow. Expect Mitoma to feature somehow given he did in the last game.

I know we should want him to win it but we are too desperate right now. Come on Iran!

In other news, South Korea are into the semi final and will play Jordan on Tuesday. If they win that, Spurs won’t have Son for our match next week.
Spurs been getting lucky lately

They are there to be beaten

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Jordan 87th in the world and in the semi final. The Asia Cup feels a bit like the Bristol Street Motors Trophy of International football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports