Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really ? My best mate is a Blackburn fan and doesn’t rate Ayari, to lightweight and a luxury player. Moran hard working and busy, but still doesn’t look close to a PL player
Fair enough. My source is the Blackburn fans forum - probably no more or less representative than NSC! Seriously, it is very difficult sometimes to assess how well our loanees are doing - some fans' sites are terrible, and as you go down the leagues some clubs barely have one at all! We probably don't know how lucky we are to have NSC!
Always glad when someone with a bit of first or second hand personal knowledge chips in with a bit of information! :thumbsup:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
With Moran it feels a bit... Gyokeresey.

Standout at U21 level. Clear talent but shows it inconsistently, so chances are limited. Underwhelming Championship loan means hes unlikely to step up to the first team next season. So I can see him being sold to another Champ team and pushing on to great effect.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair enough. My source is the Blackburn fans forum - probably no more or less representative than NSC! Seriously, it is very difficult sometimes to assess how well our loanees are doing - some fans' sites are terrible, and as you go down the leagues some clubs barely have one at all! We probably don't know how lucky we are to have NSC!
Always glad when someone with a bit of first or second hand personal knowledge chips in with a bit of information! :thumbsup:
Also doesn’t help that Blackburn are a bit of a mess and dropping like a stone, so fans tend to be more critical on loan players than their own

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
With Moran it feels a bit... Gyokeresey.

Standout at U21 level. Clear talent but shows it inconsistently, so chances are limited. Underwhelming Championship loan means hes unlikely to step up to the first team next season. So I can see him being sold to another Champ team and pushing on to great effect.
3 years left on his contract Gyokeres only had 1. No need to sell just send him on loan again

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sima back on the bench for Rangers.

Need a strong finish from him to either maximise his sale value or earn himself a squad place next season.
Brilliant. I thought he was out for the season, so didn't bother to check the Rangers squad. Apologies!

Hope he's back among the goals again soon!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, Sarmiento the star turn tonight!

Mixed fortunes elsewhere. Young Scot Leonard helped Northampton to a 2-0 win over Port Vale, for whom Jensen Weir came on for the second half, but our two Championship GKs both conceded and lost. Imari Samuels got a rare (first?) start for Fleetwood, but was hooked at half time. Moran came on as a fairly late sub for Blackburn; no such luck for Ayari.
Don't know what happened at Crewe tonight. Bottom of the league Forest Green Rovers thrashed them 3-0, all the goals in the first half hour - and minutes after that Ed Turns was substituted. Injury or something disastrous in the team set-up and play? Anybody following Crewe? - there ain't many on their website!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If Ipswich get promoted I can see them looking to buy Sarmiento. Is there a buy option in his contract?
Looking at their forum earlier, they reckon they might have an agreement with us to loan for another season if they're promoted.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at their forum earlier, they reckon they might have an agreement with us to loan for another season if they're promoted.
It would be quite a big leap forward for us in a way, wouldn't it - loaning out one of our youngsters to a PL team? Not so long ago our loans were to National League South (and of course, some still are, which is fair enough).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Sarmiento gets on today (he's starting on the bench) he will come up against one Shane Duffy - could be fun!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Sarmiento gets on today (he's starting on the bench) he will come up against one Shane Duffy - could be fun!
Finished 1-0 to Duffy then (with a little help from dear old Ashley Barnes!) Sarmiento got half an hour.

Rushworth, Beadle and Leonard our only starters today.
Moran is on the bench for Blackburn, but no sign of Ayari.
Hinchy and Weir benched, and no sign of Turns in the Crewe squad.
:(

(Rangers and Fleetwood not playing today, so no action for Sima or Samuels).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's see if this works (with my IT skills it could be my goal f the season if it does!).... Edit: well, it sort of worked, if you score down to it!

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog

If Dennis Undav (not very good at football, but scores goals) doesn't want to come back to us from his beloved fatherland, then how about this chap (Bambi on ice who just scores goals); could do a job?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here