Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...................................and Ayari scores a beauty in the penalty shoot-out!

Seems to be winning Blackburn fans round a bit too -

"Fair play to Ayari, Markanday & Sigurdsson, who I thought all had good games. Ayari in particular I thought was good, tenacious little bugger, gets stuck in as well."

Sounds good! Maybe not quite as keen on Moran though.......

"Only seen a bit of him [Ayari] and he clearly struggled at Coventry but between him and the higher rated (by Brighton) Moran, I'd rather have him. As you say, has a bit of spark and devilment about him. He could be a shrewd signing for the right money.
Shame we don't have any
."

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
............................but Dubravka saves the next Blackburn pen, so Ayari's effort all for nothing. Top pen. by the lad, though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
EFL starters and subs 2/3/2024.

Rushworth faces Moran at Swansea this afternoon, with Ayari on the Blackburn bench waiting to join the fray. Beadle should have an easy afternoon at Rotherham, who are well adrift of 23rd. placed Wednesday. Sarmiento starts for Ipswich (where our former young GK hopeful, Christian Walton, is still on the bench - having lost his place through injury, due to the form of his replacement he can't get it back).
Weir starts for Port Vale; Samuels still chained to the bench for Fleetwood; Leonard starts in the no.10 role for Northampton, and Jack Hinchy starts for Shrewsbury.
Last, but not least, Ed Turns starts at CB for Crewe against Morecambe.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Contracted with us til end of 26/27 with option of another year
Cheers for that! He'll be 23 this summer - young, but not that young any more. Wonder what the plan for him is? Doesn't look like he's likely to come back to be our no.1 next season (which one or two have suggested on NSC).
Swans fans reckon they can't afford to buy him.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
......or has someone been talking too soon (about Rushworth)?
What on earth is he talking about? Mixing hope and reality... Build it they will come... Someone needs some media training, made himself look like a right fool.

I think he wouldn't have said it if there weren't discussions happening. But to blurt it out in the media that he's staying without a final agreement and then do this weird backtrack of "oh well it's just what I was hoping for..." Very odd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What on earth is he talking about? Mixing hope and reality... Build it they will come... Someone needs some media training, made himself look like a right fool.

I think he wouldn't have said it if there weren't discussions happening. But to blurt it out in the media that he's staying without a final agreement and then do this weird backtrack of "oh well it's just what I was hoping for..." Very odd.
I get the impression that the new manager isn't making a very good ........... err ................ impression!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good night for Sarmiento tonight - came on as a sub and got an assist for Ipswich's last minute winner. Moran and Ayari, not so good at Blackburn - both subs, but Ayari did come on for the last half hour. A clean sheet - sorry, yet another clean sheet - for James Beadle as Wednesday secured a 1-0 victory against Plymouth Argyle.
Next level down, Leonard yet again played the full 90 - but probably wishes he hadn't as Northampton were hammered 5-1.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's all go for 'will-he-stay-or-will-he-go' Carl Rushworth at Watford tonight. A win could move the Swans above Watford.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beadle played last night for Massive, but couldn't keep another clean sheet as they lost 2-0 at home to The Champions of Europe, and in the lunchtime match today, Sarmiento started but was subbed after an hour.
This afternoon Ayari starts for Blackburn, with Moran on the bench. Weir and Hinchy face each other in midfield at Port Vale, Leonard starts for the Cobblers but Samuels is still waiting for a chance to play for Fleetwood Town.
Down in League2, Turns is starting for Crewe away at Donny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here