Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that the flow of outgoing loanees is starting to accelerate, it seems about time to launch the new season's tracker thread. As per last season I will update this first page as and when more and more head out to EFL, SPL, SFL clubs, and abroad.
I will post any information I unearth about their progress, what the fans think of them, etc. Any other contributions (especially about those playing for clubs abroad, which I don't follow as much) welcome as always. :thumbsup:

Albion players out on loan, season 2023-24.

Yasin Ayari
- on loan at Coventry City (Championship); loan cancelled and loaned to Blackburn Rovers 5/1/24.
James Beadle - on loan at Oxford United (League 1); loan cancelled and loaned to Sheffield Wednesday (Championship).
Jack Hinchy - on loan to Shrewsbury Town (League1) as of 1/2/24.

Marc Leonard - on loan at Northampton Town (League 1);
Andrew Moran - on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship);
Odel Offiah - on loan at Hearts (SPL); loan Cancelled 12.23 - illness.
Cameron Peupion
- on loan at Cheltenham Town (League 1); loan cancelled 12/23 - lack of playing time.
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Swansea City (Championship);
Imari Samuels - on loan to Fleetwood (League1) from 1/2/24.
Jeremy Sarmiento - now on loan to Ipswich Town (Championship).
Abdallah Sima
- on loan at Glasgow Rangers (SPL);
Ed Turns - on loan at Leyton Orient (League 1); loan cancelled - loaned to Crewe Alexandra (League2) 1/2.24.
Jensen Weir - on loan at Blackpool (League 1); loan cancelled 1/24 - loaned to Port Vale (League1) 9/1/2024.

Steven Alzate
- on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League);
Mahmoud Dahoud - on loan at VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga);
Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at SBV Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie (Netherlands));
Adrian Mazilu - on loan at SVB Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan to Sterm Graz (Austrian Football Bundesliga);
Deniz Undav - on loan to VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga).

For ease of reference, included here is the revised position after the January window closed.

New loan for second half of the season.

*Yasin Ayari
- on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship);
*James Beadle - on loan at Sheffield Wednesday (Championship);
*Jack Hinchy - on loan to Shrewsbury Town (League1);
Andrew Moran - on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship);
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Swansea City (Championship);
*Imari Samuels - on loan at Fleetwood (League1);
*Jeremy Sarmiento - on loan at Ipswich Town (Championship);
Abdallah Sima
- on loan at Glasgow Rangers (SPL);
*Ed Turns -on loan at Crewe Alexandra (League2);
*Jensen Weir - on loan at Port Vale (League1).

Steven Alzate
- on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League);
*Mahmoud Dahoud - on loan at VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga);
Kacper Kozlowski
- on loan at SBV Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie (Netherlands));
*Adrian Mazilu - on loan at SVB Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan to Sterm Graz (Austrian Football Bundesliga);
Deniz Undav - on loan to VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga).

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Possible imminent moves for:

Rushworth to Swansea
Undav to Stuttgart

And an absolute heap of U21s that we will likely be looking for clubs for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that the flow of outgoing loanees is starting to accelerate, it seems about time to lunch the new seasons tracker thread. As per last season I will upgrade this first page as and when more and more head out to EFL, SPL, SFL clubs, and abroad.
I will post any information I unearth about their progress, what the fans think of them, etc. Any other contributions (especially about those playing for clubs abroad, which I don't follow as much) welcome as always. :thumbsup:

James Beadle
- on loan at Oxford United (League !);
Jeremy Sarmiento - on loan to West Bromwich Albion (The Championship);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Glasgow Rangers (SPL).

Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at SBV Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie (Netherlands));
Kjel Scherpen - on loan to Sterm Graz (Austrian Football Bundesliga).
........and, as an afterthought, although I won't be listing them on the OP, may I suggest this thread might be a good home for any titbits of information about the progress of our recently released youngsters at their new clubs, like Teddy Jenks and Jack Spong?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Marc Leonard wasted no time in heading back to the Cobblers - started for them today at MK Dons! They seemed pleased to see him too - "Leonard looks like he’s never been away. Oozing class in the middle of the park".
3-1 win for the Cobblers - MK Dons goal was scored by former Brighton young defender Warren O'Hora. We get everywhere these days!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any further news on the suggestion that Moran was going to Blackburn? He wasn't in the US squad, so I imagine he's going somewhere.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Loving the progression with some of these loans where players are working their way up the football ladder. League 2, league 1, Championship, next stop Premier League! It will hopefully create some well rounded players for us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As there are now rules about the number of loanees a club can loan out - they shouldn't worry us much because the restrictions don't apply to U21s or HGPs - for those concerned, I've listed the status of our current loanees. If I've got any of them wrong, please would someone with better knowledge of the rules and regs. than me put me right? Thanks!

James Beadle (U21);
Marc Leonard (HGP);
Carl Rushworth (HGP);
Jeremy Sarmiento (U21);
Abdallah Sima;
Ed Turns (U21).
Kacper Kozlowski (U21);
Kjel Scherpen;
Deniz Undav.

So, only Sima, Scherpen and Undav 'count' towards our maximum allowance of loanees - no problem then. :thumbsup:

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Sarmiento on the bench for WBA, while Rushworth starts for Swansea.

Guessing Jeremy’s being eased back in? Must be ages since his last competitive game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a great day for our loanees (and recently departed yoof) today - none of them came away with a win!
Both the GKs (Rushworth and Beadle) played their full matches - Rushworth's Swansea drew 1-1, Oxford lost 2-0 at Cambridge.
Teddy Jenks started for FGR - they lost 2-0 at home to Salford, but the BBC website has stuck on 15 minutes in, so no idea how ling he played for!
Sarmiento (WBA) and Connolly (Hull) both came on around the 70 minute mark - no obvious impact; both on the lossing side.
Hayden Roberts and Taylor Richards were unused subs.

Outsde the EFL things went much better - Spong played the full 90 in Queens Park's 2-1 win - and down in the National League Supe Lorent Tolaj scored 2 in Aldershot's 5-2 thrashing of Oxford City - and Sima has started up front for Rangers in the SPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here