[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
I would say it was the defender's error, not Rushworth
That's what it looked like to me. Some fault may lie with Rushworth for thinking the defenders can play like Brighton defenders, and playing to a style he's got used to in training, and probably trained into him (so pretty hard for him). He'll have to adapt, and maybe unlearn some of what he's learnt here in terms of playing risky short passes to defenders, then learn it back again if/when he comes back here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's what it looked like to me. Some fault may lie with Rushworth for thinking the defenders can play like Brighton defenders, and playing to a style he's got used to in training, and probably trained into him (so pretty hard for him). He'll have to adapt, and maybe unlearn some of what he's learnt here in terms of playing risky short passes to defenders, then learn it back again if/when he comes back here.
League 1 defenders didn't seem to have a problem playing in front of him last season - you'd hope Championship players would cope even better, no?

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
League 1 defenders didn't seem to have a problem playing in front of him last season - you'd hope Championship players would cope even better, no?
Yes true, and you'd hope we'd organise a loan for him somewhere where he didn't have to change his playing style much. Just saying what I thought based on the clip - it was a bit of a risky pass but probably the sort of pass De Zerbi is encouraging his keepers to make.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sima played the full match for Rangers, an ordinary performance from him, a poor performance from his team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sima played the full match for Rangers, an ordinary performance from him, a poor performance from his team.
What a sad league the SPL is. They’ve effectively handed the title to Celtic on the first day of the season. Another few loses and it’ll all be over.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So Rushworth went down well. Sima? Not so much…

Weird all these people (with no followers) posting on Facebook (with next to no replies either). Just pi$$ing in the wind. Why on earth don't they just join in on their fans' forums?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Not a great day for our loanees (and recently departed yoof) today - none of them came away with a win!
Both the GKs (Rushworth and Beadle) played their full matches - Rushworth's Swansea drew 1-1, Oxford lost 2-0 at Cambridge.
Teddy Jenks started for FGR - they lost 2-0 at home to Salford, but the BBC website has stuck on 15 minutes in, so no idea how ling he played for!
Sarmiento (WBA) and Connolly (Hull) both came on around the 70 minute mark - no obvious impact; both on the lossing side.
Hayden Roberts and Taylor Richards were unused subs.

Outsde the EFL things went much better - Spong played the full 90 in Queens Park's 2-1 win - and down in the National League Supe Lorent Tolaj scored 2 in Aldershot's 5-2 thrashing of Oxford City - and Sima has started up front for Rangers in the SPL.
I thought Tolaj was released not on loan?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Tolaj could score an absolute bucket full. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make the grade the long way round.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Steady performance from Marc today..we looked great in the first half but faded badly from around the 60m mark.. he came very close to an equaliser in injury time with a direct free kick dipping just over..Stevenage winning 0-1 😢

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a sad league the SPL is. They’ve effectively handed the title to Celtic on the first day of the season. Another few loses and it’ll all be over.
I'm not impressed with the Rangers manager Michael Beale. There appears to be no clear style of play and- significantly for Sima - not a lot of service from out wide. Re Celtic today - Hatate came on and looked good, a real bundle of energy with drive in the middle of the park, very suitable to our style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports