Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
TBH I think India were not taking that match too seriously, their batsmen never went for it in the latter stages and yet still got to 32 runs behind our score. They have had a good look at our bowlers and at one time or another in the innings they were able to get after them pretty well. I just get the feeling that this was just a training match for them and that they have plenty in the armoury when it becomes semi finals time.

Not sure about that. A win today for India and a serious threat for the winner of the tournament were probably eliminated. The 60-40% in the crowd, despite being the away team, and obviously the TV audience in India would have meant they took this game seriously.They were just beaten by the better team on the day. The amount of 6s by the England batsmen compared to just 1 by India was a big factor IMO

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure about that. A win today for India and a serious threat for the winner of the tournament were probably eliminated. The 60-40% in the crowd, despite being the away team, and obviously the TV audience in India would have meant they took this game seriously.They were just beaten by the better team on the day. The amount of 6s by the England batsmen compared to just 1 by India was a big factor IMO

Well, we go on. Not sure if we can beat the kiwi's anyway so its all in the balance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, we go on. Not sure if we can beat the kiwi's anyway so its all in the balance.

Play like we did today and we can beat anyone. We’ve been the best side in the World over the last 4 years. Im not saying we will, but we definitely CAN beat the Kiwis.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Be serious. They were preserving wickets to run rate. Bit odd, but it was evident.

My reply, to Billy Seagull, was in part down to Afghanistan virtually chucking the match yesterday against Pakistan by bowling a couple of crap overs at the death. That kind of smelt a bit, and now we have Dhoni unable to get India over the line today ? they certainly didn't die trying. Can expect to see normal service resumed against Sri lanka and Bangladesh next week :wink:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My reply, to Billy Seagull, was in part down to Afghanistan virtually chucking the match yesterday against Pakistan by bowling a couple of crap overs at the death. That kind of smelt a bit, and now we have Dhoni unable to get India over the line today ? they certainly didn't die trying. Can expect to see normal service resumed against Sri lanka and Bangladesh next week :wink:
Not so sure about the Afghans. I'm sure they are desparate to win a game but their Captain rather overrates himself as a bowler?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Not the first time Dhoni has done that.... has form for it. Got a lot of stick for doing it in a Champions Trophy game... poss in 2017 if memory serves me right

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What are the various result scenarios for us to qualify. Obviously if we beat NZ we will but what must happen if NZ win for us to qualify?

Pakistan to lose against Bangladesh. Bangladesh to win their last 2 games to qualify.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What are the various result scenarios for us to qualify. Obviously if we beat NZ we will but what must happen if NZ win for us to qualify?

India beat Bangladesh
Bangladesh beat Pakistan
Sri Lanka lose one of their remaining games (although they could win both and have a poorer net run rate)

Would mean we qualify with 10pts

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
Sri Lanka are already out they can’t catch us. If they win their last two matches they will have 10 points but the number of wins comes before run rate

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
My prediction for the cricket World Cup is that Pepe's Chicken will be in administration within 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It does make you wonder.

Be serious. They were preserving wickets to run rate. Bit odd, but it was evident.

South Asia is the home of the bent bookie and the serious cricket money.

I think there are two distinct games to talk about here though. Afghanistan could have political pressure put on them by Pakistan or financial player. The way they closed it out was very suspect and made no sense. India didn't need to win today and we did. If we end up playing them in a semi they've a whole games' worth of video analysis of what we're like in do or die situations.

Should we get through - and it's far from certain - the pitch and toss will be key as we'll have opened the kimono with regards to selection and weaknesses just to progress.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
South Asia is the home of the bent bookie and the serious cricket money.

I think there are two distinct games to talk about here though. Afghanistan could have political pressure put on them by Pakistan or financial player. The way they closed it out was very suspect and made no sense. India didn't need to win today and we did. If we end up playing them in a semi they've a whole games' worth of video analysis of what we're like in do or die situations.

Should we get through - and it's far from certain - the pitch and toss will be key as we'll have opened the kimono with regards to selection and weaknesses just to progress.

The spinner we hit for 88, worst of his career, will break him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here