Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Albion v palarse.......superb stuff!

LOL, kind of but imagine the whole population of the country being involved [emoji23][emoji23] I happened to be working in Mumbai a few years ago when they met in the semis......office basically downed tools and watched the India innings (which was crap), and everyone went home despondent. Pakistan then batted, chucked it away and I don’t think anyone in the City went to bed. It was mental.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we came up about 30 runs short of
a winning score, unless there is a mini collapse soon I can see India making it.

330 is generally a winning score - certainly in this World Cup.

India would have to break a world record to get it. They could but it looks unlikely at present, they’re miles off the run rate.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
India seem content with singles when they need boundaries

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are these two batsmen on a bung?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well played England. :clap2::clap2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we came up about 30 runs short of
a winning score, unless there is a mini collapse soon I can see India making it.

Well BOWLED Sir [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Some tremendous Sussex-style prediction shizzle going on all round. Luckily I can go in to an office with several Indian cricket fans in with my head held high tomorrow but it'll only last until the sheep shaggers thrash us :moo:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Great win, but India gave up there in the chase.

Why on earth Plunkett has been carrying the drinks since The West Indies game - other than Afghanistan, every game we've won in the tournament, he's played.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some tremendous Sussex-style prediction shizzle going on all round. Luckily I can go in to an office with several Indian cricket fans in with my head held high tomorrow but it'll only last until the sheep shaggers thrash us :moo:

TBH I think India were not taking that match too seriously, their batsmen never went for it in the latter stages and yet still got to 32 runs behind our score. They have had a good look at our bowlers and at one time or another in the innings they were able to get after them pretty well. I just get the feeling that this was just a training match for them and that they have plenty in the armoury when it becomes semi finals time.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
TBH I think India were not taking that match too seriously, their batsmen never went for it in the latter stages and yet still got to 32 runs behind our score. They have had a good look at our bowlers and at one time or another in the innings they were able to get after them pretty well. I just get the feeling that this was just a training match for them and that they have plenty in the armoury when it becomes semi finals time.

I hope MS Dhoni doesn't bump into any Pakistanis any time soon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Comfortable win. Pinned their batsmen down superbly, never really looked in doubt. Good work lads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here