Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry - my point is actually more about batting first. In all 6 of those I mentioned, we batted first. If we bat first 3 more times I think we will win this WC.
Yeah maybe there's something in it :shrug: The 3 games we've lost, we've batted second. We beat Windies when batting second, but that might not count for much.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just watching some of the Windies fielding against Sri Lanka and is it just me but way too many are somewhat lanky lard arses? All look a bit heavy and when ball is on the I ground and dive is required they go down in installments!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just watching some of the Windies fielding against Sri Lanka and is it just me but way too many are somewhat lanky lard arses? All look a bit heavy and when ball is on the I ground and dive is required they go down in installments!

The WI team do look a few levels behind other teams in terms of fitness.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
The Windies have performed well below par in this world cup. Before the tournament began a lot of pundits were tipping them to push for fourth spot at least. Their overall approach has been too casual.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning all, India should beat the Bangas today.

Taking Mrs Jakarta to RHS Hampton Court Flower Show so will have the odd peek at my phone to see how many the GALACTICOS win by.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Morning all, India should beat the Bangas today.

Taking Mrs Jakarta to RHS Hampton Court Flower Show so will have the odd peek at my phone to see how many the GALACTICOS win by.

Hang on though, won't India will be throwing this game too? Due to their hidden agenda of keeping Pakistan out of the semi-finals.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Windies have performed well below par in this world cup. Before the tournament began a lot of pundits were tipping them to push for fourth spot at least. Their overall approach has been too casual.
Agreed. They had the convicts on the ropes and somehow contrived to lose. Then they seem to have pretty much chucked the towel in.

It's a shame as they have some excellent young players.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
TBH I think India were not taking that match too seriously, their batsmen never went for it in the latter stages and yet still got to 32 runs behind our score. They have had a good look at our bowlers and at one time or another in the innings they were able to get after them pretty well. I just get the feeling that this was just a training match for them and that they have plenty in the armoury when it becomes semi finals time.

Once India realised they were not going to win, net run rate became their priority. Finishing 2nd or 3rd you avoid Australia.

Ironically NZ's most important result was probably taking the game to the last over in losing to Pakistan, and preserving their superior net run rate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1146028004113620992[/TWEET]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good effort to not let the game go completely in the first innings but still think this will be too tall an order for the Tigers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here