Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015 Rugby World Cup - Amex Fixtures - Ticket Information

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771

They've announced today that both Amex matches are going to the ballot - this makes the RFU's decision to let people apply for 15 tickets each for the USA v Samoa game rather ridiculous. Although going to the ballot doesn't guarantee a sell-out as such (there are overseas and commercial tickets to account for) is does suggest that the ground will be packed for both games, and a record attendance is likely (no segregation in rugby).

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I hadn't even considered the lack of segregation. Hopefully it's a real success and the Amex is considered for further events in the future, tbh the thought of a couple of pints in the stand and a sell out crowd is tempting me to enter the ballot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder how many people ticked the box saying they would be willing to take higher priced tickets. I did.

Seems likely these games will be 30,000+ sell-outs.

But I bet you applied for D saying you'd take C too. A lot of people may take this option. The prices for cat B and A tickets will surely be too high for many who will be going along through inquisitiveness and not an undying passion for the sport itself.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
But I bet you applied for D saying you'd take C too. A lot of people may take this option. The prices for cat B and A tickets will surely be too high for many who will be going along through inquisitiveness and not an undying passion for the sport itself.
C and B, but I take your point. To have potentially sold the vast majority of the tickets more than a year in advance still suggests a 30,000+ near sell-out to me. With Twickenham selling out, people will come down from London.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just applied for 4 (2 adults/2 child) tickets for Saturday, 5 (2 adults/2 child) tickets for Sunday and 4 (2 adult 2 child) for England v Australia.
Gone for £75 England tickets but the kids are only £15, bargain for such a big game. I won't worry too much about getting out of Twickenham at 10pm as I don't turn into a pumpkin at midnight. :thumbsup:

If you live in Brighton you'll get home but probably not till 1 in the morning, I wouldn't fancy your chances to get anywhere else on the South Coast.

It took me almost three hours to get back to Brighton after the double header the other week and that finished at 6 ( and I left with ten minutes to go)

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
IMHO the pricing areas are wrong.

Paying top whack will get a couple of thousand people a comparatively poor view of the match in the front few rows of WSL and ESL.

In the corners people in adjacent seats will have paid Cat B and Cat D prices...?

There has to be a boundary somewhere but you're right, if you pay top price and are on the 'edge', then those across the aisle from you would have same view at a far lower price. But the same applies now does it not?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sat at the madjeski a while back and there were a few people who were reading fans and thought they would give London irish a go and after 5 minutes came the comments " why can't you hear what the ref is saying, you can on telly". 😱

Sure enough, after15 minutes, they gave up and headed for the bar. Expensive 15 minutes!

For all the footy fans buying tickets for the Saffie game, please remember that watching rugby if you don't get the game is a very tedious experience with constant stoppages.

This will no doubt be a very one sided game as Japan are not the team they once were!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here