Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015 Rugby World Cup - Amex Fixtures - Ticket Information

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think so. You have to put your card details in before you get allocated places. If you're lucky in the ballot, the money is taken out automatically

What is the 'main' section for which you overlook a £15 ticket?

What does £15 get you if not a chance to watch the game in one of the finest stadiums around?

Well, the main sections are the majority of the stadium - I think these are overpriced, you don't then? You had better hope there are a lot of Amex patriots like you around because I know few rugby fans who think £60, £45 and £35 are fair prices to watch teams like Samoa and USA. No slight on the Amex, but RWC are cashing in too much here

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had TalkSport on some of this afternoon (I know, I know...) and they've regularly been telling listeners that the general sale for tickets began today and there are long delays on the website.

If you knew no better you'd believe that you had to try and buy now to have a chance of tickets as there is no mention of there being a subsequent ballot.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, the main sections are the majority of the stadium - I think these are overpriced, you don't then? You had better hope there are a lot of Amex patriots like you around because I know few rugby fans who think £60, £45 and £35 are fair prices to watch teams like Samoa and USA. No slight on the Amex, but RWC are cashing in too much here

The 'main' section of the stadium is all of the stadium.

You're ignoring the £15.00 ticket to justify your argument.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just taken a look - surely it's ludicrously overpriced? Those prices are fine between the top 8 teams and beyond pool stages, plenty of demand for that.

But rugby is not like football, generally teams outside the top 8 don't have any chance of beating the big teams, you'll get a lot of mismatch results, 40 or 50 pointers. Are people really going to fork out and fill stadiums for that? I'm a big rugby fan and I'm hesitating

Personally I've never been to a top class rugby match, so have put in for a couple of minimum price (£20) tickets for South Africa vs Japan. Given that SA are 3rd favourites (4/1) to win the tournament, its a probably one-off chance to see a top side in action. And given the Amex's excellent viewing from wherever your seat in the ground is, £20 seems to me to represent excellent value. OK Japan may be 1000/1 outsiders, but I'm sure they won't just roll over. Will doubtless be ground down relatively earlydoors, but to me it'll be a fascinating thing to watch. And if it's not, assuming I'm lucky enough to get the tickets I applied for, I can always leave after 75 minutes (joke). Besides, even one-sided games have many betting opportunites to keep things interesting.

Who knows, it may even do for rugby what Euro 96 did for football and win the sport a whole new generation of JCLs.

Seriously, what's not to like?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Went for 4 tickets to each. Should be an excellent atmosphere and a 'world' event occurring locally..mad not to.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
England v wales at twickers on a Saturday night would be an incredible atmosphere!

Gone for those,both Amex games and the Gloucester ones! Not even a huge rugby fan but worth seeing once in my opinion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have applied for one and hoped. Was more interested in the SA v Japan game as have Saffie mates and used to live in Japan. My bank balance wouldn't cope if i got two games as I would have to pay for two lots of tickets, two lots of beer and then take the Mrs out to placate her afterwards!

I'm just getting round to applying now. You can apply for more than 1 game but say you only want tickets for a maximum of 1 only, using the 'Match Manager' when you apply.

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 22.16.38.png

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Thanks for the reminder.

Just created my account and in the ballot for both AMEX games.

Far more sensible than sitting on a website for 6 hours the day it went live! Took all of 5 minutes to register and book.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Are the Amex games likely to be popular, sell outs even? I wonder if there's any chance the Amex's record attendance will be for a rugby match.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As the SA-Japan match is on a Saturday, I assume it's also likely to be a BHA match day (away obviously).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
England v wales at twickers on a Saturday night would be an incredible atmosphere!

Gone for those,both Amex games and the Gloucester ones! Not even a huge rugby fan but worth seeing once in my opinion.

It would be but it's 8 o'clock kick off. It will be a nightmare getting that many people out of Twickenham at 10 on a Saturday night

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just applied for 4 (2 adults/2 child) tickets for Saturday, 5 (2 adults/2 child) tickets for Sunday and 4 (2 adult 2 child) for England v Australia.
Gone for £75 England tickets but the kids are only £15, bargain for such a big game. I won't worry too much about getting out of Twickenham at 10pm as I don't turn into a pumpkin at midnight. :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cat A is WSL & ESL. Cat B is ESU & WSU. Cat C is the 'corners'. Cat D North & South. Not sure of the boundary for Cat C but obviously it covers some of the North/South and some of WSL/ESL. Child tickets are only available for Cat C & Cat D.
IMHO the pricing areas are wrong.

Paying top whack will get a couple of thousand people a comparatively poor view of the match in the front few rows of WSL and ESL.

In the corners people in adjacent seats will have paid Cat B and Cat D prices...?

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Are the Amex games likely to be popular, sell outs even? I wonder if there's any chance the Amex's record attendance will be for a rugby match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771

They've announced today that both Amex matches are going to the ballot - this makes the RFU's decision to let people apply for 15 tickets each for the USA v Samoa game rather ridiculous. Although going to the ballot doesn't guarantee a sell-out as such (there are overseas and commercial tickets to account for) is does suggest that the ground will be packed for both games, and a record attendance is likely (no segregation in rugby).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771

They've announced today that both Amex matches are going to the ballot - this makes the RFU's decision to let people apply for 15 tickets each for the USA v Samoa game rather ridiculous. Although going to the ballot doesn't guarantee a sell-out as such (there are overseas and commercial tickets to account for) is does suggest that the ground will be packed for both games, and a record attendance is likely (no segregation in rugby).

I would imagine it's more likely that the low category tickets have been over-subscribed than the whole ground has.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I would imagine it's more likely that the low category tickets have been over-subscribed than the whole ground has.
I wonder how many people ticked the box saying they would be willing to take higher priced tickets. I did.

Seems likely these games will be 30,000+ sell-outs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here