Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015 Rugby World Cup - Amex Fixtures - Ticket Information

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Logged in just after 7 this morning then got kicked out. Now in a queue to get back in for over an hour. Anyone managed to get any this morning?

Bet the touts didn't get kicked out :censored:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Logged in just after 7 this morning then got kicked out. Now in a queue to get back in for over an hour. Anyone managed to get any this morning?

Bet the touts didn't get kicked out :censored:

There's no rush. They don't draw the tix until after 29 Sept & (allegedly) it makes no odds when you 'book' for the draw.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No-one wants to go from the Hut household - seriously annoying

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Do you have be registered by today to be able to apply for tickets? Are they no longer taking any further registrations?
What I'm saying, can I sign up with another account today, tomorrow or next week to better my chances.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do you have be registered by today to be able to apply for tickets? Are they no longer taking any further registrations?
What I'm saying, can I sign up with another account today, tomorrow or next week to better my chances.

I'm in the queue at the moment and I haven't yet registered. The message i have says

"We are currently experiencing high levels of traffic and we will get you into the site as soon as we can. Please do not refresh or close this page as you will lose your place.

Tickets are on general sale until 18:00 BST on September 29.

While you are waiting, please note the following:

- This is an application process, not a first come first served sale. If you don’t want to wait in the queue, please come back later – you can submit your application at any time during the general sale

- Make sure you have your log in details to hand. If you don’t have an account you will need to create one in order to apply for tickets

- In this phase you are applying for the tickets and matches you wish to purchase. No payment will be taken at this time

- The deadline for submitting an application is 18:00 BST on September 29, 2014

- During October we will review all matches and any that are oversubscribed will be balloted to ensure fair ticket allocation

- Payment will be taken after all ballots have been completed in October"

Bolding is mine. I took it to mean that when I could get in to the site I could register and then apply for tickets.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
I registered a when I received the email telling me to register for the tickets. Signed up for ticket updates last year as well. I could of taken advantage of their ticket packages that guaranteed you a ticket, but didn't fancy a £159 package for one of the games at the Amex, seeing as it's only down the road.

I'm going to try for tickets for the games at the Amex and a few games in London at the Olympic stadium and Wembley. It's a ballot after all so the more I apply for the more chance of getting a ticket. Hopefully don't win all my choices otherwise going to cost me a fortune.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Update - I just registered after a long queue. It will email you an activation email. Clicking on the link on that email will take you straight to ticket selection without queuing again.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not even going to consider putting myself through the hassel of going on today to pick my ticket options.

Will probably look at it over the weekend and decide. Never understood why people rush when its not first come first served.

Just taken a look - surely it's ludicrously overpriced? Those prices are fine between the top 8 teams and beyond pool stages, plenty of demand for that.

But rugby is not like football, generally teams outside the top 8 don't have any chance of beating the big teams, you'll get a lot of mismatch results, 40 or 50 pointers. Are people really going to fork out and fill stadiums for that? I'm a big rugby fan and I'm hesitating

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As a member of a local club, I was offered priority booking for Twickenham games but not, bizarrely, for matches at the Amex. I'm applying for the Samoa match but not too hopeful

I do think that members of local clubs, those who give money to the game, should have been afforded some sort of priority but I guess that the corporate hangers-on are always going to be ahead of the queue

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just taken a look - surely it's ludicrously overpriced? Those prices are fine between the top 8 teams and beyond pool stages, plenty of demand for that.

But rugby is not like football, generally teams outside the top 8 don't have any chance of beating the big teams, you'll get a lot of mismatch results, 40 or 50 pointers. Are people really going to fork out and fill stadiums for that? I'm a big rugby fan and I'm hesitating

£15 is 'overpriced'?

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003

But rugby is not like football, generally teams outside the top 8 don't have any chance of beating the big teams, you'll get a lot of mismatch results, 40 or 50 pointers. Are people really going to fork out and fill stadiums for that? I'm a big rugby fan and I'm hesitatin

Fair point but see TLO's response. Sure S Africa will most likely beat Japan by 50+ points but it's a decent chance to see some world class players (Steyn,Habana,Le Roux,Botha etc) up close for IMO not bad value and great for youngsters (i.e two of my sons) who play the game to see the pace and intensity of a top team.

I don't envisage Samoa v USA being particularly one sided BTW.

As a member of a local club, I was offered priority booking for Twickenham games but not, bizarrely, for matches at the Amex. I'm applying for the Samoa match but not too hopeful

I do think that members of local clubs, those who give money to the game, should have been afforded some sort of priority but I guess that the corporate hangers-on are always going to be ahead of the queue

Surprised by that Gwylan - which club are you a member of? My boys play for Lewes RFC and I was able to secure 4 tickets for both Amex games in the priority round of applications.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprised by that Gwylan - which club are you a member of? My boys play for Lewes RFC and I was able to secure 4 tickets for both Amex games in the priority round of applications.

Lewes as well. The form that was sent to me only had Twickenham tickets on it

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Lewes as well. The form that was sent to me only had Twickenham tickets on it

I think you had to register your interest for the non-Twickenham games separately - that's poor if you didn't get that opportunity, not a lot you can do about it now though:annoyed:

Hope you get lucky in the ballot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone care to guess if these will sell out and therefore go to ballot? Only want to go to one game and not sure whether to apply for both or just one and hope...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Anyone care to guess if these will sell out and therefore go to ballot? Only want to go to one game and not sure whether to apply for both or just one and hope...

I have applied for one and hoped. Was more interested in the SA v Japan game as have Saffie mates and used to live in Japan. My bank balance wouldn't cope if i got two games as I would have to pay for two lots of tickets, two lots of beer and then take the Mrs out to placate her afterwards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here