Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 20 people shot in San Bernardino, USA

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Watching it here in U.S waters. "Islamic Name", nearly choked on my Yorkshire Gold. Arabic name maybe, but Islamic name? Got a guy here on the ship called Jesus, he's Hindu; just saying.

Yes, I agree. It simply doesn't limit it to domestic terrorism. I don't feel it can be pinned down yet.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Fox News seem to be actually hoping it is an Islamic extremist attack. A report came through from the OB saying it probably wasn't International Terrorism, O'Reilly seemed genuinely disappointed.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
One male and one female suspect are dead.

FBI are taking over situation so they are moving towards international terrorism. FBI asst director in charge of LA office will not confirm international connection.

Third suspect was apprehended.

Officer was shot but is not in life threatening situation.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
There are two things you can be assured of.
ISIS will claim responsibility and there is nothing wrong with the gun laws.

I can guarantee that half or more of the Americans who had relatives killed will insist they need their guns to protect themselves in the future. They will be in favour of the second amendment and that no laws should be changed.

Update: the lead suspect was an American citizen.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7175548 said:
Burguan says there was a dispute at a Christmas party being held at the center, after which someone left.

He says he cannot confirm if this is connected to the later attack.

Not to be callous but there might have been a dispute at a christmas party that had nothing to do with the shooting as that probably happens 30% of the time at christmas parties when people get their feelings hurt. It happens all the time. My thought is that maybe a wanna-be terrorist was able to secure his weapons and wanted to plan an ISIS type act of terrorism but decided to hit someone he had a personal problem with. ISIS is happy Americans were killed but did not know these people in any way. Possible but not probable.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
After a press conference at an Islamic Center it is clear that Syed Farook was an American who along with a female perpetrated the attack on the Inland Regional Center where the county environmental services dept was holding a christmas party and recognition ceremony, the department that employed Farook, before fleeing in a dark colored SUV. His brother-in-law who wanted to express his condolences to the victims of Farook's attack did not want to reveal whether his sister was the other shooter and if she was killed. It was obvious though that Farook's brother-in-law was grieving about the incident. Farook and his female accomplice were the one's killed in the shootout with police that included a 40 mph chase down San Bernardino Blvd and culminated with their deaths on Richardson Street. During the chase a pipe with a fuse which did not contain explosives was thrown at the police. Farook and the female were firing at the police and did hit one police officer with a bullet. That officer went to hospital and did not suffer a life threatening injury. There was a thorough search for explosives in Farook's home in Redlands, CA but none were found. Farook lived about 5 miles from the scene of the shooting at Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino on Waterman Street and Park Center Circle. The complex of government buildings on Park Center Circle was also searched for explosives but no additional explosives were found. Though Farook was a fairly religious Islamic person there is no indication at this time that his attack at his employer's christmas party was more than a work place dispute.

At this time the victims of the attack includes 14 dead plus the two killed in the police shootout, Farook and his female accomplice, and 17 wounded, some in serious condition.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shocking....but as per BBC reporter 'just another day in the USA'. Also from the BBC :

US President Barack Obama said in response to the shooting: "One thing we do know is that we have a pattern of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere in the world.

"There are some steps that we could take, not to eliminate all incidents, but to make sure they happen less frequently."

No sh@t, Sherlock.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shocking....but as per BBC reporter 'just another day in the USA'. Also from the BBC :

US President Barack Obama said in response to the shooting: "One thing we do know is that we have a pattern of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere in the world.

"There are some steps that we could take, not to eliminate all incidents, but to make sure they happen less frequently."

No sh@t, Sherlock.

Given the lobbying power of the NRA there is no chance of reducing the death toll.

Good old Charlton Heston and chums.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Charlton Heston died a few years ago - Alzheimer's!!! Saw him in a play at the Theatre Royal back in the 1980s.

I'm aware he's gone to the big shootout in the sky.

He was the poster boy for the red necks though with his "From my stone cold hands" speech and turning up to a pro gun rally a few days after Columbine.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Watching it here in U.S waters. "Islamic Name", nearly choked on my Yorkshire Gold. Arabic name maybe, but Islamic name? Got a guy here on the ship called Jesus, he's Hindu; just saying.

Mate of mine us as Muslim as you can get and his name is Isaac de la Cruze.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
One of the shooters went to saudi to marry and import a bride,another of the shooters. A lot of denial in this thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Statistics behind 'routine' US gun violence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34424385

US gun crime in 2015

294 Mass shootings
45 shootings at schools
9,956 people killed in gun incidents
20,000 people injured in gun incidents

Here's a photo of the legally armed recluse who shot up the planned parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, last week:-

_86930019_773e8f9f-c5dd-455f-a27e-8a903aaa18ad.jpg

From a piece in The New Yorker:-

One way to make sense of all this is to conclude that Dear could just as easily have shot up a movie theater or a shopping mall. In other words, that he is a deranged individual who chose his target randomly, oblivious to the increasingly strident campaign to demonize Planned Parenthood in recent months.

You've got to wonder why America is looking all over the globe for terrorists, without looking on it's doorstep.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shocking....but as per BBC reporter 'just another day in the USA'. Also from the BBC

One shocking stat I read: there is an average of one mass shooting every day in the US.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Watching it live on Fox News. God bless the BBC.

Odd statement. It is the conservative, god-believing religious followings of Fox news that make it the cr\p that it is. Thankfully (not god bless) the BBC is not like that.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Odd statement. It is the conservative, god-believing religious followings of Fox news that make it the cr\p that it is. Thankfully (not god bless) the BBC is not like that.

Thanks for taking my light hearted statement so seriously though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here