• No

Votes: 103 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you aware of our points record without him and do you realise he is the mainstay in our midfield this season?

Who would you replace him with exactly?

You're trying to solve one problem and causing an entirely new one.

It's odd.

I think a decent case can be made for replacing Stephens right up until the moment you do.
Then it all goes out of the window, along with the 3 points.

Anyone wanting to muck around with the Kayal/Stephens partnership is either a little bit poorly or a palace fan.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are you aware of our points record without him and do you realise he is the mainstay in our midfield this season?

Who would you replace him with exactly?

You're trying to solve one problem and causing an entirely new one.

I think you're talking at cross-purposes here. I don't think anyone wants him to go but we're discussing what to do if he does leave. You're spot on with how important he is to the team and I hope that if we go up that he stays.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think you're talking at cross-purposes here. I don't think anyone wants him to go but we're discussing what to do if he does leave. You're spot on with how important he is to the team and I hope that if we go up that he stays.

Yes but we're not going to sell him are we? We went through all that shit back in August to keep him, he had a little hissy fit about it but soon dusted himself down and showed exactly why TB is prepared to write off his transfer value in order to keep him for this season. Probably at the recommendation of CH who knew he'd be able to get over it and perform.

6 months later and with the most important 3-4 months of the club's recent history ahead of us, Tony's not going to cave in now is he? Then you have to consider how much more money he will get out of contract, so he himself is in no rush to leave this time round and has said as much himself.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes but we're not going to sell him are we? We went through all that shit back in August to keep him, he had a little hissy fit about it but soon dusted himself down and showed exactly why TB is prepared to write off his transfer value in order to keep him for this season. Probably at the recommendation of CH who knew he'd be able to get over it and perform.

6 months later and with the most important 3-4 months of the club's recent history ahead of us, Tony's not going to cave in now is he? Then you have to consider how much more money he will get out of contract, so he himself is in no rush to leave this time round and has said as much himself.

No, you're right. Apologies. I read Nixonator's comments as referring to the summer when Stephens is out of contract but I'd stupidly forgotten that by then he's a free agent and we've got no bargaining chip for player swaps.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No, you're right. Apologies. I read Nixonator's comments as referring to the summer when Stephens is out of contract but I'd stupidly forgotten that by then he's a free agent and we've got no bargaining chip for player swaps.

I think you meant 'MrSnuggles' :lol:

Yea I think we all fully expect him to leave for nothing at the end of the season if we don't get promoted, but even then it would have been a risk worth taking.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't see TB wanting to add to the wages bill with the job well over half done already with what we have, provided the loanees don't get to play league games, hehe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes 100% guaranteed

Nothing is 100% guaranteed until the ink is dry on the contract. Stephen Ward was in Brighton but turned around & went to Burnley, & it's well documented how Pritchard lost the exit number on the M25.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't think we will sign anyone and will try to finish the rest of the season with what we have got.
A fine example of this tactic was having no cover when 4 x players got injured in the playoffs last season.
Not saying it will happen again but you never know.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm waiting for the merry go round to start cranking up - once one deal somewhere goes through this will cause an awful lot more to go through. Could be a busy last couple of days. Little happens till the last couple of days (which is not to say that I haven't been checking NSC and every other source feverishly for the last 29 days !). Will we be involved - I bl00dy well hope so !

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't understand this one, surely it would have happened by now why leave it to the last minute as he is a free agent it does not make sense.m

Why ? makes perfect sense to me, he is a free agent, he can/should wait until the last day/few hours to see what offers come along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here