• No

Votes: 103 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was Bastian Schweinsteiger form today a 'come and get me Chris' cry for help?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would be happy with either McCormack or Rhodes on loan till May if it is just paying wages but not sure I would want to pay their respective transfer fees. Either would provide the cover we need for SB and score some goals.

BG, you're a sweet man, but we're oh so glad that you're not in charge of recruitment :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would be happy with either McCormack or Rhodes on loan till May if it is just paying wages but not sure I would want to pay their respective transfer fees. Either would provide the cover we need for SB and score some goals.

I really don't want this to sound like we're all ganging up on you but how in the name of all that is good in this world can you think that McCormack would be a good fit for us?

The special ingredient that has enabled our team and our manager to be two steps ahead of the most expensive Championship squad ever assembled with an ex-Real Madrid, Champion's League winning manager is our extremely good team spirit. The players all play for each other, even the ones who unfortunately can't get a regular first team spot feel it. It's not a cliche, it's so strong it's palpable. And you want to bring in a bloke who has only this month had the very, very rare and dubious honour of being disciplined by his club for laziness, attitude problems, his all round fitness problems and repeatedly not turning up for training.

Last edited:

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Leeds In for Fletcher from West Ham, he would be perfect for us.... Great signing for them will rip this division up!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really don't want this to sound like we're all ganging up on you but how in the name of all that is good in this world can you think that McCormack would be a good fit for us?

The special ingredient that has enabled our team and our manager to be two steps ahead of the most expensive Championship squad ever assembled with an ex-Real Madrid, Champion's League winning manager is our extremely good team spirit. The players all play for each other, even the ones who unfortunately can't get a regular first team spot feel it. It's not a cliche, it's so strong it's palpable. And you want to bring in a bloke who has only this month had the very, very rare and dubious honour of being disciplined by his club for laziness, attitude problems, his all round fitness problems and repeatedly not turning up for training.

Yup, all of that.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
If Stephens is not prepared to sign a new contract and we run the risk of losing him for nothing, then let Burnley have in for a swap for Barnes and Robinson! Before you scorn last season Barnes and Murray played together they both scored 20 goals. They know each others game. Robinson would be experience cover for Stockdale! Two for the price of one!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If Stephens is not prepared to sign a new contract and we run the risk of losing him for nothing, then let Burnley have in for a swap for Barnes and Robinson! Before you scorn last season Barnes and Murray played together they both scored 20 goals. They know each others game. Robinson would be experience cover for Stockdale! Two for the price of one!

Are you suggesting we trade Dale Stephens for Ashley Barnes???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

If Stephens wanted to leave then I wouldn't have a problem having Barnes back in the team, I reckon pound for pound that in recent times perhaps only Gary Hart has provided a better return on investment. But can you imagine Barnes and Baldock together? Both of them are prone to having the red mist descend.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Are you suggesting we trade Dale Stephens for Ashley Barnes???

Well it does have its merits. If Dale wants out to go back up north, in two days time his value to the club is nil. He had quite a prolific partnership before with Murray, and to get Robinson (or pope) as a back up to Stockdale would be decent business!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If we don't sign anyone then it's a bigger gamble by CH/TB than the risk of a six month loanee! IMO. Surely CH knows how thread bare our strike force is? You only have to cast your minds back to Wed in play-off 1st leg to see how quick it is to lose players! Murphy, March and Knockaert are not comfortable playing that Baldock Role and we do not get the best out of them. Let's play to their strengths and provide them with a player that will compliment what they do best. Three strikers is not enough to give us the best chance we've ever had to gain this promotion! If we don't do it this season we will see the break up of this squad and maybe our manager! This is a make or break season for us and who better to take the gamble than TB. If we were to lose the gamble then I for one will not begrudge him selling our prize assets to help recover some funds for himself and club!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well it does have its merits. If Dale wants out to go back up north, in two days time his value to the club is nil. He had quite a prolific partnership before with Murray, and to get Robinson (or pope) as a back up to Stockdale would be decent business!

Are you aware of our points record without him and do you realise he is the mainstay in our midfield this season?

Who would you replace him with exactly?

You're trying to solve one problem and causing an entirely new one.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If we don't sign anyone then it's a bigger gamble by CH/TB than the risk of a six month loanee! IMO. Surely CH knows how thread bare our strike force is? You only have to cast your minds back to Wed in play-off 1st leg to see how quick it is to lose players! Murphy, March and Knockaert are not comfortable playing that Baldock Role and we do not get the best out of them. Let's play to their strengths and provide them with a player that will compliment what they do best. Three strikers is not enough to give us the best chance we've ever had to gain this promotion! If we don't do it this season we will see the break up of this squad and maybe our manager! This is a make or break season for us and who better to take the gamble than TB. If we were to lose the gamble then I for one will not begrudge him selling our prize assets to help recover some funds for himself and club!

You're preaching to the converted. I don't think there's a single person on here that feels going with what we have while others strengthen isn't a significant risk.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here