Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2,000 people on season ticket waiting list vs 42 not renewing

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
How many people are on the waiting list? The ticket office told me it's about 3,000, but 3,000 what? Because they don't take names/numbers of seats you want, they take 1 name and then when the time comes that name is offered up to 4 tickets.

So do we actually have about 750 names on a list, which is up to 3,000 season tickets (more likely 1,500), or do we actually have 3,000 on a list, which would be more like 6,000 season tickets?

I'd have thought most people on the list who have mates that also want a ticket would probably have given them the idea to put their own names on the list

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps someone, more clever than I am, can start a poll of NSC members as to their intention to renew or otherwise.

That would perhaps be a most interesting statistic as it would demonstrate whether or not the figure quoted on another thread is likely to be realistic or otherwise!

I, for one, will certainly be renewing.

bounce

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
How many people are on the waiting list? The ticket office told me it's about 3,000, but 3,000 what? Because they don't take names/numbers of seats you want, they take 1 name and then when the time comes that name is offered up to 4 tickets.

So do we actually have about 750 names on a list, which is up to 3,000 season tickets (more likely 1,500), or do we actually have 3,000 on a list, which would be more like 6,000 season tickets?

Each fan number - asked the ticket office the other day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Each fan number - asked the ticket office the other day.
You think there's 3,000 fan numbers on the waiting list, even though many of those are after more than 1 ticket? ie, if a couple or family goes into the ticket office and asks to be put on the list, they only take one fan number.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You think there's 3,000 fan numbers on the waiting list, even though many of those are after more than 1 ticket? ie, if a couple or family goes into the ticket office and asks to be put on the list, they only take one fan number.

Well, if they want a season ticket they need a fan number - and it shows up on your purchases on the online ticket website if you are on the website. Most people would have probably been to at least 1 game anyway, so should have an account.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, if they want a season ticket they need a fan number
They can give you a fan number the day they give you a season ticket.

How many people asking to be put on the list want a single ticket for themselves? I'd have thought a fair chunk will be after a ticket for themselves + friend or partner etc, so I'm quite shocked if there are 3,000 names on the list.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

How many people asking to be put on the list want a single ticket for themselves? I'd have thought a fair chunk will be after a ticket for themselves + friend or partner etc, so I'm quite shocked if there are 3,000 names on the list.

If it turns out to be that, like 3 ST and only 1 person is on the waiting list - cant see how thats fair on anyone else. If a group want to sit together, you all go on the list together. Wouldnt of thought what they told me was wrong, but then ive been told stuff which was wrong by them before.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If it turns out to be that, like 3 ST and only 1 person is on the waiting list - cant see how thats fair on anyone else. If a group want to sit together, you all go on the list together. Wouldnt of thought what they told me was wrong, but then ive been told stuff which was wrong by them before.

FWIW I think you're right Hawk.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne

I am told that I am around 450 on the waiting list and I want a single ST, my fingers are crossed!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well either you were told wrong, or I was. I'm after a pair of tickets, and they only wanted to put my name down. They said that would cover me for 4 tickets, I just needed to decide when the time comes.

Maybe I'll have to get them to email me to check.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I did go in the City Centre office though, have been told a load of crap in there before. Ill send an e-mail now as im not going to be near the Amex for a while.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
FWIW, I rang the club today to cancel my season ticket, and asked if there had been many others. But I don't know if "a few" means more or less than 42 in this case.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm one of those 2000 :wave:

I'm surpised it's only 2000 to be honest. When I joined it back in August, I was told it was already getting near 1000, and I'd have thought that as we've been doing so well it would be closer to 4000. Maybe I'm being too optimistic though

The club site says 3,000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here