Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2,000 people on season ticket waiting list vs 42 not renewing

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This is currently, not necessarily the end result.
I'm grateful to have seen this news piece and still sit here dumbstruck that people criticise it, like everything else on NSC... truly unbelievable.

I know what you mean. By now I should be used to it but it still amazes me how sad some posters are on NSC who have to focus on anything negative and ignore all the positive aspects :shrug:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My friend, and fellow Mid Sussex Committe member (Chairman), Mike Costello wrote the summary. I contributed a little but most of the credit should go to him.

The evening went well.

I did post a thread http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?232996-Richard-Hebberd-BHAFC-Head-Of-Operations-Savannah-Bar-Monday-12th-March&highlight= which was bounced. To be honest, there wasn 't much interest from NSC, apart from a few snipes about RH.

Members who couldn't make it, asked for an update on the Mid Sussex Seagulls facebook page

I guess we did an opposite to HB&B.

There was other stuff mentioned but we just reported the main points.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
just received my letter today.

doc1.jpg

doc2.jpg

doc4.jpg

doc3.jpg

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
if its Rolling over do you know the next date of the DD ??????

Got my letter through today and it says the direct debits start on April 2nd.
Annoyingly they forgot to enclose the direct debit form (I paid in full last year) but thankfully a quick email has sorted that out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Got my letter through today and it says the direct debits start on April 2nd.
Annoyingly they forgot to enclose the direct debit form (I paid in full last year) but thankfully a quick email has sorted that out.

We were told you had to opt out. Presumably if you already have a DD. No further action needs to be taken?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We were told you had to opt out. Presumably if you already have a DD. No further action needs to be taken?

I don't already have a DD (see brackets on my previous post).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah! yep, just seen that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is all this extra £30 bollocks? I am not paying for some lazy arse who doesn't pay for his train or bus!!!

:moo::moo::moo::moo:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What is all this extra £30 bollocks? I am not paying for some lazy arse who doesn't pay for his train or bus!!!

:moo::moo::moo::moo:

Think your stance will leave you with one of two choices ... don't renew or pay! Hold your stance... chewing off your nose to spite your face will only inconvenience you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Think your stance will leave you with one of two choices ... don't renew or pay! Hold your stance... chewing off your nose to spite your face will only inconvenience you.

its a disgrace...where is Beach Hut..he will know how to approach this dilema

:ffsparr:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What annoys me is the attitude people have about not paying for the travel this season.

I have heard loads of people say something along the lines of, "I might as well not have bothered buying a voucher, it never gets checked."

True, it might not be checked, but you pay for the TRAVEL not the checking.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What annoys me is the attitude people have about not paying for the travel this season.

I have heard loads of people say something along the lines of, "I might as well not have bothered buying a voucher, it never gets checked."

True, it might not be checked, but you pay for the TRAVEL not the checking.

I'm pleased it is going to be shared amongst us all... felt like I've subsidised cheating fare dodgers this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It surprises me that they're releasing this figure of 42, as I've been reliably informed from some Palace supporters that 8,000 people won't be renewing their season ticket, because they don't really support Brighton, they just wanted to see what it was like.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
42 STH's not renewing out of 18,000+ is incredible , I suspect there may be a few others who have to cancel due to personal circumstances etc. Amazing but not outstanding is the fact there are 2,000+ on the waiting list wanting to snatch a further 3,000 odd ST's.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
so permission granted, the stadium capacity will be 26,500 next season? that is pretty damn awesome, but is there seriously space for 4000 more seats in the north corners?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No exact number of people not renewing this season so no point saying exact numbers. Seats will of course become available as it will no longer be the first season at a new stadium, people may not come to games as often as they like and the usual other reasons. So many numbers about the ST waiting list have been flying around so its good to see its been put in the letter of how many there actually are.

With the article on the top mentioning rail improvements, i cant see the club funding it myself - BUT i believe the line (from Wivelsfield and Brighton to St Leonards) is due to be resignalled in the next few years as all signalling for the East Coastway route is being moved to Three Bridges (was a Herald article about it last year i think).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here