1901 Members (Past and Present) What were your expectations when you originally signed up?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
We've been in 1901 since the off. I really don't want to sound like a proper little busybody but what gripes me is the lack of consistency when it comes to attire in there. Listen, I'd love to wear a replica shirt, shorts, and t-shirts. I hate having to wear smart jeans to every home game and abide by the rules of wearing a bloody collar (I'm not a dog BTW, or a gimp for that matter). We purchased 1901 mainly for comfort reasons for my Dad who has been struggling with his health for several years now, and our seats are tip-top. But when I see people in the lounge in Nike air pumps, shorts, replica t-shirts, etc, then it p***es me of that I worry every time I approach our entrance for fear of being turned away like some merry 16-year old queuing up to get into an over 18 nightclub. And, this does make me sound like a busybody actually, I have photographic evidence. Yes, I took photos on Friday evening and plan to send these to Paul Rogers. When my Dad gets threatened with no entry a few years ago (against Palace of all people) for not wearing a suitable collar and then I see people in replica shirts, shorts and having banter with the door staff who turn a blind eye to it, it frustrates the hell out of me.

Be interesting to see what you pay to watch non league...My ticket to the AMEX works out at under £22 a game...

Pay a fiver to watch the oak and not a penny of that goes in wages for players! Not sure why i want to sub over paid players and agents.Its time fans made a stand but while TB is lobbing in 10 million plus a year we can ignore the madness of modern football finances!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Pay a fiver to watch the oak and not a penny of that goes in wages for players! Not sure why i want to sub over paid players and agents.Its time fans made a stand but while TB is lobbing in 10 million plus a year we can ignore the madness of modern football finances!

£22 a match and that includes travel...which would cost me about the £5 mark a game (when the trains are running)... What is there not to like?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

When you mean make a stand ..stop going to the Amex to watch the team?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We've been in 1901 since the off. I really don't want to sound like a proper little busybody but what gripes me is the lack of consistency when it comes to attire in there. Listen, I'd love to wear a replica shirt, shorts, and t-shirts. I hate having to wear smart jeans to every home game and abide by the rules of wearing a bloody collar (I'm not a dog BTW, or a gimp for that matter). We purchased 1901 mainly for comfort reasons for my Dad who has been struggling with his health for several years now, and our seats are tip-top. But when I see people in the lounge in Nike air pumps, shorts, replica t-shirts, etc, then it p***es me of that I worry every time I approach our entrance for fear of being turned away like some merry 16-year old queuing up to get into an over 18 nightclub. And, this does make me sound like a busybody actually, I have photographic evidence. Yes, I took photos on Friday evening and plan to send these to Paul Rogers. When my Dad gets threatened with no entry a few years ago (against Palace of all people) for not wearing a suitable collar and then I see people in replica shirts, shorts and having banter with the door staff who turn a blind eye to it, it frustrates the hell out of me.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to want consistency

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ok so that's 1901.
As a matter of interest what is the experience like if you are the match sponsor or you are a contributor to the club by way of having advertising in the ground or other. Is there corporate season tickets dished out.
Where do you eat, what's the grub like and what do they lay on for you.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
£140 + Vat a month.... Bargain!

So £168 a month..... £2016 in 2016 (were they £2015 last year?) £87.65 per home league game. FFS that aint much of a bargain in my book. More than three times good WSL tickets at £650.

When you mean make a stand ..stop going to the Amex to watch the team?

That's my decision not to pay into this tier of the football industry,i understand its not the fans fault or blooms and people make their own choices but my £5 makes a difference at oaks level and my £42 would not even pay the players to get out the amex car park:smile: Having said that Brighton is my home town side,so here's hoping football sorts itself out.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
That's my decision not to pay into this tier of the football industry,i understand its not the fans fault or blooms and people make their own choices but my £5 makes a difference at oaks level and my £42 would not even pay the players to get out the amex car park:smile: Having said that Brighton is my home town side,so here's hoping football sorts itself out.

Thats fine...but please stop slagging the club and prices off at every opportunity... As I have pointed out...the equivalent of £17 to watch a championship game is good value in my eyes...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh I agree it's your decision....but yet again you are quoting £42... And as I understand it that's not a match day price in all the stands and as has been pointed out a far lower figure can be achieved if you were a STH...I have some sympathy..because there may come a day when I can't afford it...but I'll move to the cheaper areas first....but bhanutz has a point you are quite keen to slag the club off

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
THEN: Seat for life (or so I presumed) for every Albion game at the stadium, nice bar with lounge host, catering facility to enable your party to begin match day experience earlier than usual, car parking space, like the seat a perception that this would help in the purchasing of tickets for selected away games.

NOW: Re the food Wetherspoons is a fitting analogy, speed of bar staff on a par with the Pakistani over rate, as good as the Lounge hosts are not really what we were expecting and given the potential of what they could bring to the match experience ultimately disappointing.

In short the day we left Withdean we were collectively a group of supporters now we are just customers, clearly that's the model the club want to pursue and that's their right to do that but will customers in the long run have the same level of loyalty as the old style supporters?

One thing from reading this thread would I be right in now assuming that my £1000 each for two seats back in 2011 doesn't now entitle me to the seats for life?

Are you sure you are not equating backs to the wall skintness with being collectively treated like fans at Withdean ? We were customers back in Withdean days as well. The only difference is that fans' expectations have risen. Whether or not you are getting value for money in 1901 is a separate issue of which I know nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports