Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Members (Past and Present) What were your expectations when you originally signed up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is there a price difference between Gold and Platinum Lounges??

Yes. And there's price differences with platinum, there's Platinum and Platinum Plus.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Regards the car parking space , gold members are having to pay for that now where as before it was free. How can they change the terms of the contract half way through?

It was free (and still should be), if they had 4 gold memberships, 2 for platinum. That's how it was put to us at the time and I believe it still applies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that definitely fact though, because I understood that although there are a percentage that are corporate, there was also a considerable number that were die-hard fans that treated themselves. That's certainly how I classify ourselves.

I wonder how many of the lapsed seats have been held back for corporate hospitality. Most I reckon as I'm sure the club would prefer money spinning corporates over die hards turning up 20 mins before the game buying a beer or two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could it be one of those things where a 'lifetime guarantee' means the life of the agreement, not your life? A Kleenex tissue could be said to come with a 'lifetime guarantee' i.e. it won't fall apart before you use it, but after that then its 'life' has ended.

The term life means 50 years. For me, this isn't an issue or the question I'm asking. My question is can the club drop/change things without good reason.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder how many of the lapsed seats have been held back for corporate hospitality. Most I reckon as I'm sure the club would prefer money spinning corporates over die hards turning up 20 mins before the game buying a beer or two.

I've yet to be convinced there's a significant demand for genuine corporate entertainment at the AMEX. If we reach the Premier League I'm sure there will be, but is there currently?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Over the last two seasons i have attended 8 games at the amex all in the 1901 paddock! Great to be able to get a beer and a seat and not to have to stand on a drafty concourse,love the free cuppa at half time:moo: That's all i expect and want from the 1901 paddock:)

Thanks for your overwhelming support of the team!

TheOldGirl

Jul 24, 2013
Saltdean
I have joined 1901 this year from WSL (which I loved) to sit with my partner and I think its great. The view is brilliant the lounges are handy and you drink out of glass. You can get served even though they do seem a bit useless I never managed to get served at all on the concourses as the wait was always too long.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A platinum plus, what's included in that? Directors box?

They've installed a glass barrier now down the stairs between the directors area and the 1901 seats, not quite sure why, not aware of any instances of fans trying to muscle into the directors area. Maybe it makes them feel a bit more special.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It was free (and still should be), if they had 4 gold memberships, 2 for platinum. That's how it was put to us at the time and I believe it still applies.

We have two seats in gold, my father has disability and hasn't paid for parking up until now.
Now they are asking for £125 for disabled parking and £200+ for normal parking. fair play if this was in the original contract but as far as I'm aware it's not , so technical they are changing it on the lifetime contract.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They've installed a glass barrier now down the stairs between the directors area and the 1901 seats, not quite sure why, not aware of any instances of fans trying to muscle into the directors area. Maybe it makes them feel a bit more special.

So to sit behind the directors box costs an additional £29 a month plus vat, no other benefits, and there's a waiting list. Wow

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So to sit behind the directors box costs an additional £29 a month plus vat, no other benefits, and there's a waiting list. Wow

I presume the price difference is related to the more central position of the seats as opposed to any more tangible benefit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here