Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Members (Past and Present) What were your expectations when you originally signed up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One thing from reading this thread would I be right in now assuming that my £1000 each for two seats back in 2011 doesn't now entitle me to the seats for life?

Given the club can seemingly change which games are included when each deal runs out I'd say no. They've said European games are not included this time. Next time maybe no domestic cup games. Following this to its conclusion, what's to then stop them saying no games at all i.e. we're not going to offer you your current seat again. Nothing I'd say.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Makes me feel even happier that I didn't waste any money to go 'corporate'.....

Each to their own, I'd done 'corporate' at the Albion as far back as the early 1990's with the Exec Club and Gulls Eye sponsored matches, I just felt in 2011 at the age of 47 the time for a little bit more luxury had come, so at the time I didn't consider it as waste of money.

But it hasn't panned out how I envisaged, and clearly it appears I'm not alone.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I have no idea, but was it really offered that if you splashed extra cash on a lounge and a vol-au-vent then this would qualify people on aways they might fancy over fans that might travel every week (applicable where nos. are restricted)?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In short the day we left Withdean we were collectively a group of supporters now we are just customers, clearly that's the model the club want to pursue and that's their right to do that but will customers in the long run have the same level of loyalty as the old style supporters?

That was always going to change, it was pretty obvious from the compulsory sales pitch to get a season ticket.

I reckon standing in the North Stand is next on the list.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I won hospitality tickets for the game on Friday and we were in the new Harry Bloom restaurant.

The food was very good and the service was good for the opening night. But at £85 plus vat for 1901 member's you'd have to have a lot of money burning your pockets to what to pay that!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Given the club can seemingly change which games are included when each deal runs out I'd say no. They've said European games are not included this time. Next time maybe no domestic cup games. Following this to its conclusion, what's to then stop them saying no games at all i.e. we're not going to offer you your current seat again. Nothing I'd say.

I might have had my ashes scattered in Toys R Us the last Saturday before Xmas, (causing a store closure) by the time they take domestic cup games away. ��

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no idea, but was it really offered that if you splashed extra cash on a lounge and a vol-au-vent then this would qualify people on aways they might fancy over fans that might travel every week (applicable where nos. are restricted)?

In the past 1901ers got extra bonus loyalty points and I do recall some away tickets being held back for 1901ers. No idea about this now though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I might have had my ashes scattered in Toys R Us the last Saturday before Xmas, (causing a store closure) by the time they take domestic cup games away. ��

:smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In the past 1901ers got extra bonus loyalty points and I do recall some away tickets being held back for 1901ers. No idea about this now though.

I suspect around 10% maximum of 1901 members would go to an away game......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The 50 year thing I can understand as I recall hearing the stadium has a life-span of 50 years for some legal/accounting/insurance reason. Whilst the stadium will no doubt still be around in 50 years time I guess they can't have seats running beyond what they've specified as the life-span. Be good if someone can confirm I'm not imagining this.

I'm fed up about the fact the club can seemingly move me on a whim....this wasn't how it was sold.

The Aussie previously mentioned actually used Newcastle moving seats when they redeveloped as an example of what the Albion absolutely guaranteed wouldn't happen. He also told me that I would have first option on my seat for EVERY event at the Amex that I chose to attend. Unless they redevelop the stadium I guess my seat for Albion games is safe, the other guarantee verbally sold has long gone by the board.

Current expectations, great seat, somewhere to sit in the lounge most of the time, no more than 10 minute wait for a drink. Err that's it.

What we need to remember is that Paul Barber wasn't here then so possibly is only finding out now of promises made then....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
THEN: Seat for life (or so I presumed) for every Albion game at the stadium, nice bar with lounge host, catering facility to enable your party to begin match day experience earlier than usual, car parking space, like the seat a perception that this would help in the purchasing of tickets for selected away games.

I hope this doesn't come across as patronising but surely with all you've done for club then you should automatically get a ticket to every away game like Dick Knight does?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe I am but it can't surely be that many ?

What's your view

I have no idea of the actual figures but I have seen plenty of Bupa Lounge regulars at away games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think we still do, but only enough to ensure we are at the front of the queue on ticket release days. Paul Rodgers also mentioned that there would be 1901 held back for away games.

Also booking priority for additional tickets for home games as well. This did happen at first for a while, but when I last needed it, it had been removed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nearer 35% - 40% I would think. I saw a lot at Charlton and a fair few at Boro as well last season. I regularly see them at the games we go to.

Probably the two most popular away games last season bar Milton Keynes

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought the question was how many approximately, not based on popular games. Reading/Wolves away then, saw plenty there as well or are they too popular ;-).

:lolol: I read that comment as a knock too. I didn't make either game though bringing the 1901 average down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here