Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £19.6 million

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We may have got more cash in the CL, but EL imho is the perfect fit for our first adventure, we're competitive, we've beaten big/famous european clubs, its the adventure of our Albion supporting lives, including super fan Tony Bloom all of which is priceless.

Exactly. I'd rather be in our position than Newcastles in Europe.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
That’s the sum earned by the Albion to date from the Europa League

£3.1m participation fee
£4.5m prize money
£1.8m UEFA coefficient
£10.2m TV pool
Let’s buy back the Goldstone and turn it into a stadium for the women to play in! (failing that a P+R would be handy for me!)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Newcastle’s closest position in relation to Europe for the next 8/9 months is pointing at it on a map.
Thanks for coverting it to pounds in your original post. We have our own currency thanks to Gordon Brown.
It's also a lot more than I was expecting.

Dec 29, 2011
Let’s buy back the Goldstone and turn it into a stadium for the women to play in! (failing that a P+R would be handy for me!)
Ha! Imagine. I wonder how much that particular piece of land is worth now, compared to how much it was sold for. Such a short sighted move.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Whatever profit we make this season - and it’s going to be well in excess of 100m - I think it’s fair enough that a chunk of it goes back to the man that has provided the interest-free finance to get here in the first place.
I would genuinely be happy if Tony Bloom took 20 million or so at the end of the season, and the same in any subsequent highly profitable year. It would make a strong statement regarding sustainability.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I would genuinely be happy if Tony Bloom took 20 million or so at the end of the season, and the same in any subsequent highly profitable year. It would make a strong statement regarding sustainability.

He could probably take 20 million out and turn it in to 100 million in a few years anyway. When you have his kind of wealth it relatively easy to get wealthier

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It wasn't short-sighted. Archer and Stanley stole it for 7 million and resold it for over 20 million.

A bit like the company Boleyn Phoenix that bought Upton Park for £40m and sold it almost straight away for £60m to property developers. What a steal!

1702826051914.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here