Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £19.6 million

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Plus matchday income for the games. Does anyone know how gate receipts are distributed? In the EPL, I believe the home team keeps all receipts apart from paying the expenses of the away team. In domestic cup competitions there is an equal split less about 10% to the organiser, eg FA.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thai noodles here we come.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Let's say we take 40 people at a cost of 3 grand a head, that'd be 120k so far. Not much of a dent in the winnings.
It'll be a lot more than 40. Mate and I were discussing this on Thursday after OM took over the East Sussex Golf Club hotel. We reckon on the following for BHA-
25+ players
10+ manager & staff
15+ backroom staff (kit etc)
25+ fan support staff at ticket office & ground.
3+ Tony Bloom (he may stay elsewhere and pay his own way)
The playing staff all fly out on the Tuesday and return on the Thursday after the match I believe.
The fan support staff fly out on the Wednesday morning also returning Thursday post match.
There are also trips in advance to check the hotel, ground and ticketing details.
For the home games there's the loss of advertising revenue (do we get a percentage of the UEL adverts?), extra police and stewards and the loss of 100's of seats. Away fans get charged a maximum 40€ for a ticket, which is handy as that's more than the STH price.

MORE IMPORTANT
Is the cost to us fans. Mine is somewhere around £2800 but includes a week in Athens with the wife. And worth every Euro I've spent.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
40? There must have been 40 admin staff alone at the ticket pick up in Athens. More like 100 I reckon.

It'll be a lot more than 40. Mate and I were discussing this on Thursday after OM took over the East Sussex Golf Club hotel. We reckon on the following for BHA-
25+ players
10+ manager & staff
15+ backroom staff (kit etc)
25+ fan support staff at ticket office & ground.
3+ Tony Bloom (he may stay elsewhere and pay his own way)
The playing staff all fly out on the Tuesday and return on the Thursday after the match I believe.
The fan support staff fly out on the Wednesday morning also returning Thursday post match.
There are also trips in advance to check the hotel, ground and ticketing details.
For the home games there's the loss of advertising revenue (do we get a percentage of the UEL adverts?), extra police and stewards and the loss of 100's of seats. Away fans get charged a maximum 40€ for a ticket, which is handy as that's more than the STH price.

MORE IMPORTANT
Is the cost to us fans. Mine is somewhere around £2800 but includes a week in Athens with the wife. And worth every Euro I've spent.

Ok, let's say we take 240 staff at 4 grand a head. It's still less than million a trip, leaving us with a healthy profit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here