Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15th July 2014 remember this day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I tend to agree about the right of appeal. It just seems an awful waste of time and money for such a clear cut crime.

Perhaps this is really the point - right to appeal, yes.........but why should you and I foot the bill for all the wages paid for a case like this to the gravy train that is the British justice system? If El Qaeda (apologies for spelling) or Isis want to come up with full funding, fair enough, but I object to having to contribute.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To be honest I find it frightening that people on NSC spout absolute bollocks about giving psychotic murderers the Benefit Of The Doubt

I find it frightening that that's what you think people are saying

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
***Pedant alert***

While Dickens did use the phrase (in Oliver Twist), he pinched it from a play called "Revenge for honour" written in the mid C17.

Oh fer Christs sake.... That's my life in ruins then, in my seventies and am going to flop my English Literature exams. So apart from using my post in an effort to make yourself look super smart. Is the law a Ass or not?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh fer Christs sake.... That's my life in ruins then, in my seventies and am going to flop my English Literature exams. So apart from using my post in an effort to make yourself look super smart. Is the law a Ass or not?

Errr, wow. I think you may have over-reacted just a tad! I just thought it was a (just barely) interesting snippet of information - many, many greats of literature have plagiarised throughout history - this particular one is a great example. I'm sorry that you felt I was having a pop at you, nothing could be further from my intentions - I had hoped that the "*** Pedant Alert***" might have indicated that - clearly not. I apologise for any offence.

The Law is an ass? Occasionally, yes.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Could you point us to the post which gives him the benefit of the doubt? Thanks.
Simmo's state of mind is beginning to peturb me. All that unfocussed angst can't be good for him.

The bloke may be guilty as sin, and convicted as such. There is no reason why he can't appeal against his conviction and/or sentence. Whether his appeal is upheld is a completely different issue.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No need for the pleb stuff Husty.

The world is changing very rapidly, radical Islam will be knocking on the door far more often than in the past. Isis wants to take over the world, and UK and USA are very high on their list of priorities, we need to close the channels of hate.
Be better off if we closed the channel!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Simmo's state of mind is beginning to peturb me. All that unfocussed angst can't be good for him.

The bloke may be guilty as sin, and convicted as such. There is no reason why he can't appeal against his conviction and/or sentence. Whether his appeal is upheld is a completely different issue.

Mind yourself,he will be offering you a glass of wine at Dick's next,along with an Ale for Hursty...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The fact that he has been given the right to appeal, as our law allows, is not a sign of being soft on such acts. It is a sign of a mature society that he could never aspire to. The fact that he is unlikely ever to be released shows that a mature society does not mean that such acts go without due punishment.

As regards the death penalty, it appears that in his warped understanding of eternal honour he wanted it and has been denied.

So his punishment is made worse. So be it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hello:O back on the NSC fellas---apologies but some of us fecking old blokes have to still work for a living:eek:

If any of you 'Right On Dullards' think I'm going to change my mind--------------------then think again.

I assume I am twenty five years older than every person that gave me a thumbs down or called me a pleb:cry:

I grew up with the IRA trying to kill me and then every other toss pot trying to kill me/her indoors and my four kids since.

A week before the London bus/underground bombings I was taking my youngest son to Stanmore in north London---we used the underground and the buses that were all blown up later.

To the 'Large One'-----well done to you pointing out my dire post about giving these misguided people who are trying to do away with you and me the benefit of the dought ----I believe I have seen you in Dicks with your man bag-----apologies if not you.

In my view you aren't married and have no kids so do not lecture me on what I post on NSC :p

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Do not worry about my state of mind fella-------it all boils down to how The Albion are going to do this coming season-----I'm believe it or not POSITIVE:albion2:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
:D...
If this murderer has to be given his right of appeal, after murdering someone in public and then proceeding to try and hack the victims head off, then for his girlfriend, parents and relatives, who not only witnessed this and the murderers boasts on camera, but have to live with it........i hope his appeal is heard swiftly and the judge changes the sentence to whole life from 43 years and no further appeals.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:D...
If this murderer has to be given his right of appeal, after murdering someone in public and then proceeding to try and hack the victims head off, then for his girlfriend, parents and relatives, who not only witnessed this and the murderers boasts on camera, but have to live with it........i hope his appeal is heard swiftly and the judge changes the sentence to whole life from 43 years and no further appeals.

Just send him down to Aldershot or Colchester for the evening..be far lest costly to the tax payer.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Coppers should of shot them both dead at the scene, problem solved.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hello:O back on the NSC fellas---apologies but some of us fecking old blokes have to still work for a living:eek:

If any of you 'Right On Dullards' think I'm going to change my mind--------------------then think again.

I assume I am twenty five years older than every person that gave me a thumbs down or called me a pleb:cry:

I grew up with the IRA trying to kill me and then every other toss pot trying to kill me/her indoors and my four kids since.

A week before the London bus/underground bombings I was taking my youngest son to Stanmore in north London---we used the underground and the buses that were all blown up later.

To the 'Large One'-----well done to you pointing out my dire post about giving these misguided people who are trying to do away with you and me the benefit of the dought ----I believe I have seen you in Dicks with your man bag-----apologies if not you.

In my view you aren't married and have no kids so do not lecture me on what I post on NSC :p

I'll repeat what I said earlier... Pleb.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah, but no, but.....what about his appeal............

he can have a public one, in the square,a box can be provided to stand on,and an audience can gather,medieval style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here