Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15th July 2014 remember this day.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Never said that.
Once again you live in a different world to me.
The person has had a TRIAL and has been found guilty.
These people will kill you/your sister/brother/mother/father/aunt/uncle/nephews/nieces and laugh in you face when you come out with your mamby pamby bollocks about giving them the full British Justice System.

Not saying you are wrong but abandon the rule of law and they win.

He's not appealing the verdict but the 45 year minimum sentence - he is of course taking a risk with such an appeal because the court can increase the sentence as well as reduce it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I accept that but there is also a right to appeal under specific circumstances - if his appeal application matches those criteria then yes, I am thankful that I live in a country that respects that right and that the judiciary upholds that right rather than allowing politicians, or others, to ride roughshod over the law.

He tried to hack off the fellas head in front of one or two witnesses(possibly a lot more) - you are deluded.
I advise you Creaky to go and live with these people ------- try to keep your head tho in discussions with them.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not saying you are wrong but abandon the rule of law and they win.

He's not appealing the verdict but the 45 year minimum sentence - he is of course taking a risk with such an appeal because the court can increase the sentence as well as reduce it.

Ok give him forty years but only with bread and water:drink:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Did none of you see panorama last night the poor sods executed there. This bast..ds 100% guilty sitting in prison still taking the piss and allowed to do it.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He tried to hack off the fellas head in front of one or two witnesses(possibly a lot more) - you are deluded.
I advise you Creaky to go and live with these people ------- try to keep your head tho in discussions with them.

When you say 'these people' I presume you mean terrorists and murderers - in which case why would I want to go and live with them - I want to see them face justice. That's my whole argument.

Allow the politicians to overide the legal system in certain cases is what you appear to be advocating - something I won't support.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Did none of you see panorama last night the poor sods executed there. This bast..ds 100% guilty sitting in prison still taking the piss and allowed to do it.

To be honest I find it frightening that people on NSC spout absolute bollocks about giving psychotic murderers the Benefit Of The Doubt

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
To be honest I find it frightening that people on NSC spout absolute bollocks about giving psychotic murderers the Benefit Of The Doubt

Nobody has - he has been found guilty of a crime and duly sentenced - he has appealed against the length of the sentence - where has any question of giving him the 'benefit of the doubt' been mentioned ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The Law is an Ass... Charles Dickens

The Law is a Feckin Ass..... FOSeagull

The legal system is corrupt and greedy. That's another couple of hundred thousand for fat Lawyers. And fewer nurses in the Hospitals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Justice has to be seen to be done. There is a due process of law to be upheld, not a knee jerk reaction.
He's not going to get away with it, or any other hyperbole.
This is why many nations have a similar justice system to the British.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Crown prosecutors get paid a civil service rate, no matter how long a trial, unlike civil lawyers.
Defence lawyers get a lot of legal aid payments which aren't that high.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
These people will kill you/your sister/brother/mother/father/aunt/uncle/nephews/nieces and laugh in you face when you come out with your mamby pamby bollocks about giving them the full British Justice System.

Which is why justice isn't left in the hands of the victims.

Look, as distateful as you find it, if he wants to appeal he is afforded that right. As have criminals of every creed or colour for a long time. It would cost more to make an exception to the rule, legislate for it and then deal with the inevitable legal/human rights backlash.

There are far bigger things to get wound up about in this country at the moment. Like the predominantly white, old, elite establishment paedophiles.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Which is why justice isn't left in the hands of the victims.

Look, as distateful as you find it, if he wants to appeal he is afforded that right. As have criminals of every creed or colour for a long time. It would cost more to make an exception to the rule, legislate for it and then deal with the inevitable legal/human rights backlash.

There are far bigger things to get wound up about in this country at the moment. Like the predominantly white, old, elite establishment paedophiles.

Whilst I do have sympathy with SIMMO, I tend to agree about the right of appeal. It just seems an awful waste of time and money for such a clear cut crime.

I have to say that I strongly believe that white, old, elite establishment paedophiles are just the tip of a nasty iceberg and I sincerely hope that the witch hunt for the famous and dangerous does not deflect awareness away from a much larger endemic problem of child abuse in every walk of life. For every Jimmy and Rolf there are a thousand faceless abusers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

How is giving a criminal the same legal rights as every other criminal giving him "the benefit of the doubt" ? Under the law, if he or his legal team believe the sentence was incorrect then he has the right of appeal. Exactly the same way the prosecutors do if they believe a sentence was unduly lenient. Appeals on a sentence can go both ways you know ? Or are you suggesting only certain criminals should be allowed to appeal their sentence or indeed only the prosecutors ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here