Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 15 yr school girl stabbed to death Croydon

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Facts from an old white woman.

On a national scale, white males between 21 and 25 seem statistically more likely to get into a car crash with 3,036 car accidents in 2021, followed by 26- to 30-year-olds with 2,958 accidents and 31- to 35-year-olds in third place with 2,821.

That's no justification for racing up behind people in your souped up Ka flashing your headlights :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The BBC news has just reported the remand hearing this morning at the Magistrates court, saying it was a kitchen knife, not a machete.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really simple solution: Stop and search those who the statistics based on perpetrators and victims are most likely to carry a knife. I'm not saying it would stop it but if you fall within that demographic you will know there is a good chance you will be stopped and searched it may deter you from carrying a knife.

Moronic.

What you've given is a simple solution (and less face it a solution for simpletons) to

1) Creating a riot
2) Create an environment where your "demographic" refuse to assist the police in their enquiries for a generation.

Well f***ing done.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really simple solution: Stop and search those who the statistics based on perpetrators and victims are most likely to carry a knife. I'm not saying it would stop it but if you fall within that demographic you will know there is a good chance you will be stopped and searched it may deter you from carrying a knife.
What statistics are you using to identify
the most likely perpetrators?

Economic band?
Evidence of trauma in upbringing?
School attendance stats?
Single parent?
Skin colour?
Age?

Your simple solution only carries weight if you detail the factors you are using to create your 'most likely to carry knives' profile. Obviously the more data the better.

You are also going to need to explain how you are going to arm the police with the relevant data.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
To me it's all in the data. Look at who are likely to be the perpetrators of knife crime in terms of age / sex / ethnic group and apply the same in terms of the victims. So for example if the demographic indicates white males between the age of 16-25 are likely to be the victims and perpetrators of knife crime operate a vigorous stop and search policy between certain hours of this demographic, back it up with a campaign explaining why you are doing this and surely the inconvenience to anyone who falls into this category is worth it if it saves lives. Surely sensible Policing is all about targeting the most likely perpetrators of knife crime.
You let yourself down with the sensible policing comment.

What certain police will do, and there are many of these in challenging areas, is use such rules to express their racism, hate of others and pathological love of power.

If you create hate as this government has, and they are not the first (looking at you Thatcher), and combine that with ripping the heart out of social safety nets plus failure to fund/improve the police force then you create this perfect storm.

Level out society and the problems we see will reduce.

Edited to include:

' Best of luck to those daft enough not to see what is happening all around them, love 'Superior Intellect' (for avoidance of doubt, this is not really my name).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Edit: I retract much of this in the light of a later reply:

You know more (and more about) Guardian readers than me, then. You're the expert. I would have thought you were a bit too right wing to have dozens of Guardian reading mates. One lives and learns.

And who, yes, f***ing WHO, is making excuses? Do you understand what an excuse is? Some of us are interested in explanations in as much as they may form ideas about solutions that are a bit more nuanced than simply rounding up and throwing in the sea all young black males.

You appear to live in some deluded confirmation-biased world where you know all the answers before engaging your brain. If you think this thread has been taken over by Guardian-reading apologists for murderers you need to take a good look at yourself. Lazy and insulting. And offensive.

I think I had you on ignore once before and relented when I realized you were thick rather than nasty. Any more bollocks from you and I'll put you on ignore again. Life is too short to waste arguing with complacent twats whose opinions massively outweigh their knowledge and understanding :shrug: .
Too right wing to have guardian friends? You think the guardian is some sort of left wing publication? Jesus. How far this country has been pulled to the right, so saddening.

No wonder we are in such a state where such tragic events occur, with the response being to ramp up the hate further. I dispair.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I’m not talking about Jamaica that is well known for having a lot of extreme violence due to its drug gangs.

I was specifically thinking of Dominican Republic where I went fairly recently

Italy , Spain , Germany , France all comparable European countries have a lower murder rate than the UK and they all have areas of poverty
Hahaha ha, quick do a u turn. Works for Boris.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Just to be clear , I don’t think it’s only some black teenagers, I have not said that . Target everyone that fits the stats , Black , White & Asian . Tariq doesn’t for example fit the profile to be targeted , his vibe & language Wouldn’t match a gang members .
Some of my best friends.....?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Facts from an old white woman.

On a national scale, white males between 21 and 25 seem statistically more likely to get into a car crash with 3,036 car accidents in 2021, followed by 26- to 30-year-olds with 2,958 accidents and 31- to 35-year-olds in third place with 2,821.
Ban them! String them up!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A Headline in DT today

Boy, 16, stabbed to death during spate of Luton knife attacks​

Five people wounded in three-hour spell as Bedfordshire Police launch murder investigation

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Moronic.

What you've given is a simple solution (and less face it a solution for simpletons) to

1) Creating a riot
2) Create an environment where your "demographic" refuse to assist the police in their enquiries for a generation.

Well f***ing done.
And this discussion was done to death earlier when someone else suggested it. 'It' being 'harass the crap out of young black males; in fact just arrest them all now and throw them in the sea'.

This is a racist trope. It assumes that blacks don't have the same rights as whites. If I got stopeed and searched every day on the way to Fav station I'd wonder what the actual f*** was going on. Oh, hang on, I support labour, That's it. All's fair and square, then.

FFS :facepalm:

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
And this discussion was done to death earlier when someone else suggested it. 'It' being 'harass the crap out of young black males; in fact just arrest them all now and throw them in the sea'.

This is a racist trope. It assumes that blacks don't have the same rights as whites. If I got stopeed and searched every day on the way to Fav station I'd wonder what the actual f*** was going on. Oh, hang on, I support labour, That's it. All's fair and square, then.

FFS :facepalm:
I didn't advocate 'harassing the crap' out of any ethnic group, I advocate stopping and searching those the data indicate are most likely to be carrying knives, so if it it white males between the age of 16-25 in certain post code areas then 'harass the crap' out of them and if it p*sses them off then tough s**t because if it deters even some from carrying a knife then it's worth it.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
My stats would be: 'which age / sex / race 'is most likely to carry knives' based on convictions over the last 5 years.
What statistics are you using to identify
the most likely perpetrators?

Economic band?
Evidence of trauma in upbringing?
School attendance stats?
Single parent?
Skin colour?
Age?

Your simple solution only carries weight if you detail the factors you are using to create your 'most likely to carry knives' profile. Obviously the more data the better.

You are also going to need to explain how you are going to arm the police with the relevant data.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here